Fishing 2016

Limbrat

TreeHouser
Got a chance to fish little today, caught a bunch of speckled trout, sheepshead, and other assorted food items. My partner caught this jack crevalle, not much to eat, but great grouper bait and a heck of a fighter.
P4130623.jpg

Nice!

Are there plenty of grouper out there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cory, everyone I've talked to that's been able to get out in the gulf have been tearing 'em up but it's been a windy, rough spring so far and I haven't been offshore yet. The plans were to try it today, the marine forecast was 7 knot winds but the flags were straight out and flapping at daylight and I'm not quite as salty as I used to be. We stayed in the bay but I did manage to catch a small grouper and a red snapper anyway.

Well good luck once conditions become good, thats some good eating.

We do Bob and they give realtime info but we looked at predicted wind speed and sea height the day before to plan the trip. It's amazing how often they miss it.
Jim, jack crevalles are very bloody and pretty strong tasting to us, but must taste really good to other fish. They are not as bad smoked. Bring the young'uns on down here and we'll get you hooked up. Some of my best memories are times spent fishing, hunting and camping with my kids. Yours'll be grown in about a week, make the most of it!

Awesome Big Ray!! nice catching going on there

April 30th is opener for rivers here, cant wait to get a line in ;) ;)

Cory, everyone I've talked to that's been able to get out in the gulf have been tearing 'em up but it's been a windy, rough spring so far and I haven't been offshore yet. The plans were to try it today, the marine forecast was 7 knot winds but the flags were straight out and flapping at daylight and I'm not quite as salty as I used to be. We stayed in the bay but I did manage to catch a small grouper and a red snapper anyway.

Are your regs different up there? Our grouper season does not open till May 1st.

We have not been out on the water in quite a while but the water is warming up. We will get back out before to long.

How bout go gator and hog hunting while you're at it...

Geeze, that would be something.

We could kill a hog, cut the tenderloins out and build a fire, Montana style.

The kids would fight over who says grace. Them kids will fling fish guts at each other and still fight about who says the blessing.

Not sure if you can do that with a gator.

I dont do much killing anymore Cory. But I eat what I kill.

Sometimes I have to tell Richard boy to wrap it up, gets a little long winded. I gotta eat!
When Hunter was a little feller, we were eating at a restaurant with some friends and our pastor. The pastor had already taken a few bites when Hunter asked if he could pray over the food. He ended it with, "and Lord, forgive those who have already eaten without praying".

Back