Fishing 2016

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ILoGcSxCAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had a good day offshore but the sharks gave us fits. It wouldn't have been a fun day to swim in the Gulf. You would probably end up like this snapper
P6010729.jpg P6010733.jpg P6010736.jpg P6010744.jpg

I've swum with sharks and barracudas in the gulf. The sharks didn't worry me so much as the barracudas. I was worried they would hit on my tattoos, thinking they were prey fish. One time I was face to face ,three feet away from a cuda... his teeth were quite impressive.

I wouldn't do that crazy shit now, lol.

Back then, I was ten foot tall and bullet-proof.

When they swin above you, when you are diving, they really look like missiles.

Stock that pond, Jim.

Had one absolutely huge pike in there that I'd been trying to hook for a couple of years without luck.
Just from watching his bow wave ( What do you call it when it is fish?) when he swam close to the surface, I knew he was real big.
One day my wife had a friend visit with two small ( Say 5 and 7 ) kids.
Not being used to kids and looking for some way to entertain them, I figured they'd probably like to go fishing.
So we went down to the lake and since they were from the city, they had no idea how to fish.
So I said: " I'll show you how it is done" ( I've often laughed about that line afterwards)
Cast a spinning lure and first throw, the big pike hit it.
I landed the damned crocodile, but just as I got him up on the bank, wriggling around and showing that barracuda like mouth that pikes have , the hook slipped and he went back in.
So I turned to the kids and ask if they wanted to try.

Nope!

Didn't even want to go near the water in fact.

I found a skeleton of a pike on the creek bank when I was about 5. I told my Dad I had found a dead alligator.

Took a very humble, fine southern gentleman and Viet Nam Vet that survived some pretty serious stuff, including a helicopter crash. I learned all that from a friend of his and when I asked him about it he said "everybody lives with danger of one kind or another". Right. He caught mackerel, bluefish, rock bass and blue runners almost every cast for a couple of hours. Wore him out. He tried to buy me some gas. I said "I owe you man". Caught two blue runners on the same lure.
P6020749.jpg P6020753.jpg P6020758.jpg

I refused to enter into the military to go kill Charlie, told the selective service to f@ck off with my card. Got into a whole lot of trouble for it. Never expected thanks, but I wish someone would take me fishing. :( Maybe some Vietnamese who remembers getting unmercifully blasted to shit would like to?

Be here at daylight in the morning Jay, got room for one more on the boat. Put you on some snapper and grouper like we caught today.
P6030763.jpg

Back