Stihl 046, modded

I did. Naturally I pulled the dual port cover to check the piston and cylinder. Very mild scoring on both which I assume to be expected on a used hot rod? Can still see the cross hatch very well! Plug was a bit cruddy, is this from running heavy on the mix? Is that necessary? This is the first hot rod that I haven't done myself sooo...
Anyway, several full comp chains in there I didn't want to file so i spun up a semi chain and fired it up. Obviously souped up from the sound. Made a few cuts, threw the chain and decided to bury the bar in an oak log. Ripping cut. She tore it up just like Andy said! Thanks Andy, let me know about those questions please.
4571d12fd370b65b8d861cc728ffcfde.jpg
dc47b5a7ce19041de417cfa8e912794f.jpg
cbb1ef8915fb41e20c059ccb042c11b7.jpg
741bdbdc70555c08241e22ac94e6f23b.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I tend to run modded saws rich, just my nature, I like being able to pull it down and have the piston slimy. I'm just over protective I guess? The scoring is on the skirt, doesn't concern me much, there's no rings there to center it so it's going to be inevitable. But there isn't any signs of wear on the top, where it matters.
Feel free to tune it to your liking, I'm certain there is more power to be gained, I just didn't ever need it, and I babied it. If you'd like a new plug, I'll be more than happy to send you one! I'm just a little skidish with modded saws, I already know they are pushing more than intended, so I keep them on the rich side. I also run Royal Purple mix, they claim a 100:1 mix, but I go a bit more to 40-50:1, again, just me being protective!
Yeah, the chains aren't the best, but they are sharp and will cut! There is a green tooth Stihl 25" in there, sorry about that, but it'll be good on a stump someday I promise!

Also, with the 25" bar, it should easily keep up with, if not out cut an 066/660, never tried a challenge with the 32" on it.

Ha, no I cleaned up the plug before I put it back, it ran fine.
Good idea on stump chains, they're too good to get rid of but we run chisel chain generally. Thanks for the info, I expect you'll see the check tomorrow or Friday

Ha, no I cleaned up the plug before I put it back, it ran fine.
Good idea on stump chains, they're too good to get rid of but we run chisel chain generally. Thanks for the info, I expect you'll see the check tomorrow or Friday

Like I say, it always had enough power for what I was doing, started on the fourth or fifth pull cold, one pull when warm, so I left well enough alone!

You're killing me Gary!

Got the check and had no problems at the bank. I'm hoping everything is good on your end still?
Thanks again, Willie! Got tires ordered for my trailer today, easy come, easy go it seems!

Shouldn't be any question about the check, national bank, plenty of funds, worst case would be an out of state waiting period.

No, the check was fine, I'm good, just was making sure you were still happy with the saw is all. I'm weird like that, want to make sure everyone else is happy.

You should check that Willie filled out the cheque properly before you take it to the bank and they double check, the cheque.

You 'Mericans and your funny grammar/spelling. :P

Great to see some old faces again and glad the sale went well.
I always thought I was banned or deposed from here, but today got a BD greeting with my username I'd forgotten, as I've had so many. Lol
John

Hi Butch, no more death dealing blows to the noggin as of late. Lol
Been working on a 10 acre clearcut at my place as a value added venture. Ranchers hate trees. Was thinking of getting a few pigs to uproot the stumps, but the grizzly bears love pork. Lol
Second post and I'm derailing already. Lol

Back