Stihl 046, modded

sawinredneck

Treehouser
Yeah, I'm still alive, if that's what you want to call it, it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy!
It kills me, but I have to sell my baby, I just don't have it in me to run it any more. I dropped a 45" Cottonweed last weekend for some neighbors and it was all I could do to get the damn thing on the ground, I just can't handle this beast anymore, and I hate to let it go, but first dibs go here.
This saw was custom built for me, by "Freakingstang" on AS, it was documented in this thread, http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...l-whos-drinking-with-me-tonight-thread.33523/ if you care to dive in that far to find the info. (sorry, it's a LONG thread!)
Basically it's a Stihl 046 with a big bore kit that's been muffler modded and woods ported, it will easily pull a 32" bar in hardwood with an 8 pin sprocket!
I'll have to dig everything out to be for sure, but this is a powerhead, a 25" Stihl rollomatic ES bar with I think? 5 chains, then two GB Titanium 32" bars, one NIB, and I think? three chains. Here's the kicker, this is all .063", so keep that in mind!
The saw runs like a striped ape! Always had premium gas and Royal Purple at 50:1, if you want a vid of it running and cutting, I'll make one! It's that good! I have a 7 and 8 pin sprocket that will come with it, it pulls the 32" with authority in hardwood with the 8 pin, but I try to limit it to the 7 pin as it doesn't seem to have enough oiler for the longer bar in hardwoods.
I'll try to get pics up tomorrow, and you can email me at andyreed43@yahoo.com as my normal email seemed to crap out! I'd like $800 plus shipping as I know the GB titanium bars are long gone. I paid over $600 for powerhead only, so I don't think I'm too far out of line?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi ya Butch.
It's sold, Willie sent me an email this morning so I've got to get it all packed up for him. Thanks all!

YUP! It's in that thread, deep in that thread, but it's there. He didn't want to be known as a "sawbuilder" and did it for fun, so that thread was a nice cover for the build.

"I can't do it, I don't have it no more!"
It's on it's way Willie, just sent you and email and UPS should be contacting you via email as well. (Time to start stalking the brown truck Jim)

Got a receipt/invoice sent out, it's hand written and I included the UPS receipts. If that's not good enough we will gladly get you one printed off the computer. Diane wasn't really in the mood to do all that today, and in light of the day and how it went a year ago today, I certainly wasn't going to force the issue. I hope you understand.

This saw was custom built for me, by "Freakingstang" on AS,/end quote .It's been a while since he came up on the net .I met him ten -twelve years ago .Worked for some pump company I think .

Fact I was looking for a decent priced Atlas or Southbend lathe for him then he disappeared .Last I heard he was some place in the PNW .

Yeah, he got a new gig maintaining large generators, met a woman, got married. Last I heard there was a nasty divorce going on?

No, Freak was a man of his own, I miss talking to him, he's good people.

And Willie, per our emails tonight, seriously man, don't stress it! I trust you, it will be fine man! Hell, I'd rather you get the saw and be happy, then send me the check, OK? It's all good!

It's shown out for delivery so hopefully Willie will have a smile on his face this evening!

I got two emails saying boxes were delivered! Did you get it yet? Huh? HUh? Did you get it yet? Huh? How about now!!!

Back