Firewood

Holding a wedge while I drive it. Either to get it set, or to hold a weird knotty log in place. Or even a regular log as far as that goes. Playing 'pick up the log' gets old after awhile. I'm also used to it. I've spent a lifetime swinging a hammer one handed. It's comfortable.

It's ugly, but it works great. Just cut and split up some more locust, around 14 inch or so by 6 feet. Just lift and gently guide it and the stuff explodes. 2 of these sleds is a days burning, didn't take 10 min with a battery saw and the maul. Took me longer to shovel it all out :lol:

20220204_172720.jpg

Gotta loosen your grip some, at the last split-second... take some of the rattle out of it.

I was recently trying the slight twist just before impact, too. Hard to know if that helps.

Tomorrow I have one tote to fill and 3 more to top off. I’ll need to persuade the boss to take a trailer to the mulch people and pick me up another dozen. I still need to stack some as well. I wanted to do totes for my parents home but it’s just not going to work out. Only way I can figure to make it work is pour a large sidewalk from the porch to the garage and buy a pallet jack for my brother to bring them over for them.

No you are just going to have to load up the mini drive over there move the basket and load the mini back up and drive home. It’s a son’s lot in life. Lol

Rich, can you make a pneumatic caster base that you set the bin on? A lever and little trickery to jack it up enough to change bins without much trouble seems possible.

I give my boss shit for playing lottery. I tell him to give me the money, and I'll call him a loser twice. That's twice the value the state provides.

I’ve purchased a couple tickets before. Literally, a couple tickets. Sometimes people give us scratch offs for Christmas. $10-$20 cost. I think we’ve “won” a dollar on them. That means they are sitting in a drawer somewhere because it’s not worth the effort to claim the “prize”!!

When I was younger, I used to pickup scratchoffs off the ground, and out of trashcans. I probably got $25 altogether doing that. The wrong side of the tracks was more lucrative, both in quantity, and finding winners.

I’ve bought a few recently. Winning numbers at a half billion+. Someone has to win. It’s just fun to think about it until the next day and not one matching number

I buy a ticket in the California state lottery every time I go over.
Just to give lady luck that one chance.

Back