Chip box build ?

I wanted to build my own chip box, but I doubted my welding skills, and my welding machine. I paid a guy $2,300 for mine. I have been watching craigslist for a good deal on a nice mig welder, but they just are not letting loose of them around here. I kick myself for not jumping on a couple of nice ones several years ago, when guys were hungrier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2,300 is not all that bad! A good welder is really nice to have and worth the $$ to buy new IMO.

Thank you sir just a few more hundred feet of weld, doors, and paint she should be good to go.

The hard part is finding time to work on it. Now there is snow in the forecast oh well.
Thanks again for the pics Cory. We just need to work on teaching you how to post them ;)

Getting em from my phone into the puter is a hassle and from the puter to the TH is a hassle too. To copy and paste a vid is like 10 seconds.:whine:

Getting em from my phone into the puter is a hassle and from the puter to the TH is a hassle too. To copy and paste a vid is like 10 seconds.:whine:

Down load tapatalk, easy picture upload right from your phone, I know you've got great pictures to add!

It's not for everybody but there are some really down and dirty sites out there. Weldingtipsandtricks on youtube is pretty filthy chuckie2009 also on youtube is more of a beginner site with a lot fore play, gadgetry, and pillow talk.

Indeed it seems like it's one of a thousand. I am already 20lbs of wire and 6lbs of 1/8" rod into the build.

Back