Bailey's website down?

treesmith

Banned
While Treestuff is my go-to store for "tree stuff", I do buy from WesSpur from time to time, and still buy chains from Bailey's. I have tried repeatedly to log on to their website today, to no avail. Does anyone know if they're down, closed, whatever?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just spoke with someone at Bailey's. He said they have satellite internet disabled due to malicious activity. So...I can't access Bailey's until they get it resolved. He said he didn't know how long it'd be.

Baileys have had hacking issues for some time now as someone got into a whole week or so of customers credit card information.
Seems to be ongoing as I see now. I'd be wary of shopping there in the future.

He said they've somehow disabled it for folks with satellite internet. I have no idea how they'd do that, but they have. I did manage to pull the site up while ago on my iPhone, after turning wifi off and using the phone's cellular internet. As long as it was piggy-backing off the wifi, the satellite restriction wouldn't let it load.

My CC company cancelled mine and issued a new one. I believe it was in response to the breach. I think Stephen said his was cancelled/replaced as well.

I recall a thread about it, but was a bit perturbed that they simply cut satellite customers off. Seems a more reasonable approach would be to make the site available, but if an order is placed, simply inform customers of the situation and advise them to call their order in.

My card got hacked in that scam too. And even having dealt with that I still agree with your solution, just encourage call in orders. I'd rather have that than an inaccessible website.

Calling in doesn't make a dif. Either way the same payment portal is used. If a vendor stores your info, it is vulnerable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back