Tree hardware removal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too funny. Great crowd this morning......Haha.

8666fc7507fee9c5f70519a5e0f77271.jpg

hahaha!!! You gotta keep the pictures coming!

Keep doing stuff like this and we may have to call you MistahDevananda:D

Now you just need to bust the paving stones around it.

This tree has no hope.

Exactly as Stig points out.....the concrete paver have an iron ring around the tree trunk.....Thing is girdling hard.

The job was more for public safety. Though I heard the tree take a big breath when the cage popped off.

You can see the collar ring barely from this other tree that wasn't as much grown in to it.

76d446832db71dffc9c3973c89a50e04.jpg

glad u updated us Deva, looks like u getting it done

Did you use a grinder? if so, bat. or electric?

Hey Man. I used a Dewalt angle grinder with (Blacksmiths recommended(Thanks!)) razor discs and a generator. I was gonna buy a Honda 2000watt whisper quiet for $999.......and write it off....then I just borrowed my buddy's for $50.

It was cool. I wish I could have done the other 6 trees on the block.

Or buy some tea.
I still keep my breakfast tea in a box I bought in Chinatown in 87.

Hey Jay. It is Chinatown though I had some Phó across the street on the day of my bid for this job. My meeting was 3pm. I sat down at 2:25pm looking for food. Eating my seafood Phó at 2:50 they were calling me asking where I was. Pushy people. I thought I was annoyingly early.

Here's a weird pic I got the morning I worked down there. I think I'll be getting a lot more work down there.
3a3748026a74e1fd88a13acceee35eca.jpg

Stig. That's cool. I love tea.

The people in Chinatown are cool. If you smile first they'll break down and smile genuinely back at you.

Can you still get a truck with commercial plates towed from a commercial spot next to the curb in S.F? I came outside once, no truck! That's a sick business, don't know how those guys can live with themselves. Potentially dangerous too, if the car owner is elderly or not feeling well, a number of possible scenarios come to mind.

Thanks for sharing your photos Deva. I really miss SF. Had an apartment at 16th and Lincoln and a shop at Geary and Hyde, some of the best times of my life!

Parking is nuts, Jay. Try not to leave it unattended. If u do....make it fast. That's why the supermoto for bids and the truck for work. I have commercial plates and cones for traffic issues.

Levi. That's cool. Living near the park. Few blocks from the arboretum at GGP.

I got lots of pics of the city.

Back