Tree hardware removal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha, Levi. This one I got a good price on (7 coulda been 4) and another I got a low price on (7 Shoulda been 10).... It all works out somewhere. 14 for both sounds fair in my head.....

It's a property management company.

Wow, big bucks in the big city! I try and have that attitude as well, hopefully it will all even out.

So Street trees are cared for by property owners?

Thank you Jim.

Been looking at the minimum. .....2000 watts it is. It's just a Dewalt 4inch disc grinder.

I'm thinking a knock off from Lowe's at $500 is gonna work the same as a Honda at $2000.

Levi.

Property owners are responsible for concrete (tons of root pruning work) and tree maintenance. November it goes to ballot for the city to take the trees back.....I'm positioning myself to be a preferred city vendor....bid on city blocks......cross my fingers.

Interesting. Do you think it will happen? Do you use an airspade a lot?

I bought a Chinese generator five or six years ago. I think its a Honda copy.

It is 8250 surge and 6500 running watts. We use it quite a bit.

It was 800 bucks from our local NAPA. Only thing I have done to it was change a little rubber hose on the carb, even has the original battery.

If you were running a rental service, or using it commercially I would stick to Honda. For what I use it for, I think it has 70 hours on it now, I could not justify spending another 3 grand.

I usually try to buy name brand stuff, but I have been pleasantly supprised! Good luck!

You might think about getting a little bigger one if you can ever envision using it for something else. If not, that 2000 watt machine should run the crap out of assorted power tools.

Good luck!

Change the cutting wheel to a flap disc, fast beautiful edges
Yep flap discs do make for some nice edges.
You need the hand file because trying to do finesse shaping next to the tree means that you WILL damage the tree. Yes it's faster, but if you're there to help the tree, why do it in a way that creates MORE damage?

We use Milwaukee M28 models 28v tools. We have drills, sawzall, and grinders on the truck all using the same batteries.

The 28v tools are noticeably more awesome than standard 18v tools.

love
nick
Ok
What's the smallest generator I'd need to run an angle grinder to cut those bars in the original pictures?

I can't believe how long it took them to get back to me.....but I got the job.

What kind of disc for the angle grinder? I guess just a steel cutting disc.....
I like Norton Abrasive products. Any cut off disc will work but I find Norton stuff lasts longer.
Cutting wheel or get a cutting torche. ;)

Plasma cutter!!

hahaha...what do you expect? A place called Upnya?? That's almost as remote as "up yonder", an actual place on my uncle's farm in S. GA.

I just ordered two from amazon....one is none and two is one.

I also looked at Lowe's Generac 3500w for 469.....or Home despot 3500w Briggs and Stratton for 499.....I'm going B&S.
Should be fun.
Scheduled for July 6th.

It's not that they can't find it Gary it's just that they're skert to venture up in here. We only get a hour of sunshine a day. ;)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pf3sn7ine1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back