hitch cords

climbhigh - is that half of a rope runner with a hh hitch tied above it in your profile picture? How long have you been climbing on that? What inspired you to try it? Does it work well?
Thanks,

climbhigh - is that half of a rope runner with a hh hitch tied above it in your profile picture? How long have you been climbing on that? What inspired you to try it? Does it work well?
Thanks,

Actually I just tried it out for the first time today. Works real well.

Washing rope helps. I wash brand new rope, no break in that way. I use tenex blue and yellow. Same melting point as oceans and that's popular, don't get y tenex ain't :/:

On 1/2 xtc fire I might add I'm 185 with gear I tie a 6 tuck 1 michoacan then unravel it to a 4/3 vt with the Mexican finish , been on that forever now. Hope I help.

I used to climb DdRT with a Hitch Climber and a tied termination.
I moved the carabiner holding my knot to the middle hole and from then on never had a problem with the knot interfering with my hitch.
I used an eye/eye 28" (IIRC) piece of icetail, then OP, then HRC for hitch cord and the knot sat just below the vulnerable part of the wraps down by the crossovers.
Of course a splice is better, but a knot can be managed by using the other hole.

Bermy the cmi tri_tie pulley using the middle hole stands off a bit more I bought one to try out , I use a anchor hitch .

Back