Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hitch cords

Several years of climbing with a Anchor termination and VT with Carabiner through top hole in HC pulley, never had an issue if its oriented right. Guess its better to be safe than sorry. Here is a pic of the "loop" system that I think BeaverMonkey is referring to:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0012.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	68227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0011.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	68228

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

I used to climb DdRT with a Hitch Climber and a tied termination.
    I moved the carabiner holding my knot to the middle hole and from then on never had a problem with the knot interfering with my hitch.
    I used an eye/eye 28" (IIRC) piece of icetail, then OP, then HRC for hitch cord and the knot sat just below the vulnerable part of the wraps down by the crossovers.
    Of course a splice is better, but a knot can be managed by using the other hole.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

TreeHouser

Thanks for the links Tim I enjoyed reading them. Trying to get as much information as I can before I try anything. The loop system is interesting. I'll have to try different ropes with a tied termination. I bought a box of rope a few months back and ended up with three climb lines. Always something more to try and learn.

TreeHouser

Quote Originally Posted by onepaw View Post
    Thanks for the links Tim I enjoyed reading them. Trying to get as much information as I can before I try anything. The loop system is interesting. I'll have to try different ropes with a tied termination. I bought a box of rope a few months back and ended up with three climb lines. Always something more to try and learn.
    You are quite welcome, onepaw. I hope you find a climbing system that works really well for you.

Tim

I'm using a 8mm OP on 1/2" NE Hi-Vee. Grips and slides smooth with a XT hitch, but looking forward to trying a 9mm e2e. It's between these two. Can't make up my mind, if any of you have experience with these I would like to hear your thoughts.

https://www.treestuff.com/store/cata...=20&item=12367

https://www.treestuff.com/store/cata...=20&item=14849

TreeHouser

climbhigh - is that half of a rope runner with a hh hitch tied above it in your profile picture? How long have you been climbing on that? What inspired you to try it? Does it work well?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMonkey View Post
    climbhigh - is that half of a rope runner with a hh hitch tied above it in your profile picture? How long have you been climbing on that? What inspired you to try it? Does it work well?
    Thanks,
    Actually I just tried it out for the first time today. Works real well.

TreeHouser

Washing rope helps. I wash brand new rope, no break in that way. I use tenex blue and yellow. Same melting point as oceans and that's popular, don't get y tenex ain't

TreeHouser

On 1/2 xtc fire I might add I'm 185 with gear I tie a 6 tuck 1 michoacan then unravel it to a 4/3 vt with the Mexican finish , been on that forever now. Hope I help.

TreeHouser

Quote Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
    I used to climb DdRT with a Hitch Climber and a tied termination.
    I moved the carabiner holding my knot to the middle hole and from then on never had a problem with the knot interfering with my hitch.
    I used an eye/eye 28" (IIRC) piece of icetail, then OP, then HRC for hitch cord and the knot sat just below the vulnerable part of the wraps down by the crossovers.
    Of course a splice is better, but a knot can be managed by using the other hole.
    Bermy the cmi tri_tie pulley using the middle hole stands off a bit more I bought one to try out , I use a anchor hitch .