Hunting 2016

My buddy is a Vizsla nut. He has had three over the last 12 years or so. Best time I ever had pheasant hunting was with his vizsla and another fellow's chocolate lab. There were 7 of us and we all limited out.
Then we feasted on pheasant and beer for three days. They were camped at my place.

Hunting little bastards, get cold easy it seems.

Cool!

When working/running they can take most any cold conditions. They have pretty short hair, that has to make a difference compared to a Lab, for example. They sleep in bed under many layers, all night, lol.

When we would stop for a break or to come up with a new plan it looked like Flash had Parkinson's.

Turn him loose and he never thought about it.

That was a good dog, seems like he got cancer and died. He also had a female that was useless. She attacked the kids and he killer her.

He has another one now I think. Seems like there is a few breeders up here in the frozen ass north.

Oh, the parkinson's thing sounds like just excitement, they do that an awful lot, just stand there basically shivering before being let loose. Of course, if they were in the middle of a hunt and already had a lot of exercise, then maybe they were cold. Or maybe they were just real pumped about Round 2!

Flash, good name. We had a 'Rocket', lordy he was well named. An 18 hole golf course in the dead of winter, he could basically hit up every hole and swim across the 50 yard wide salt water pond chasing the geese, in about 5 min flat. He was crazed :lol:

Mountain lion kills deer on game camera

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B85Hi4djjZk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hmm. I see nothing remotely horrible about it. It's right as rain.

omg you think the very basis of nature is flawed or wrong??

Being eaten alive no doubt sucks major ball sac but geez, it is what it is. Predators hunt and sometimes kill their prey. It creates survival of the fittest. If you have problems with that then lordy what don't you have problems with?

God designed that cat to hunt and eat meat. The cat did exactly what it was supposed to do. The deer was killed quickly and cleanly. Nature isn't always pretty or easy.

Leg kicks don't indicate life. Pull off a lizard's tail and watch how long it keeps flicking back and forth. Just residual nerve impulses.

I sure hope I die faster than that deer.

Statistically speaking, you are likely to die far slower than the deer. He was more or less at the height of his powers and likely died in less than 5 minutes. Modern humans tend to die slowly.

Back