Hunting 2016

You are far too bright for that, Jim.

It is not a question of " too many" but of " The right kind". The little blue tipped ones help with understanding how the world works.
I still don't get it.
Applauding a young " Wir wollen sie ausradieren" type and at the same time condemning a bunch of God's own dogs for doing what they were made for.

That kid is obviously a good shot, and probably takes great care to not wound a game animal. He might have a family to feed, you just dont know. See any dents in his car? Nope, he is responsible and probably pays his bills on time too.

Now, wolves on the other hand kill for fun, induce great suffering, and are known to be shitty when it comes to managing credit and money.

Sure, no difference at all.

It might have been a mercy killing, that animal's coat has a not too healthy look to it, and also seems under nourished.

Jimster, you are a hard one to win an argument against. I forgot that people in the US are so poor, generally, that they need wild game to feed their families.
I think I'll let you have this one, but I still feel it is a bit weird that you'd hate a bunch of wolves for eating an elk back end first and on the same day go "Varminting".
Why is it that those elk are important, but the prairie dogs don't count at all?

All of Gods, or Thors creatures are important, my dear Stig.

I dont mind an elk doing its thing, or a gopher, or even a sod poodle.
I just get a kick out of screwing with people, I am sure you recognize the sarcasm.

I will manage these animals if they interfere too greatly with my life, but have lost most of the bloodlust I once had.

They trained wolves to eat buffalo a while back when they started releasing them in Yellowstone, in an attempt to manage the buffalo population with out having eeeevil people do it. People had a hard on to see wolves back in the park, and everywhere else in Montana. Well, they got their wolves, and the wolves figured out it was WAY easier to kill elk and deer. Now the same people bitch that they see fewer elk and deer. You just cant please everyone.

I have friends that HATE elk, some that HATE buffalo, and most of them dont like wolves. We are just dumb country folk trying to feed you bastards and make a living.

My dear Jim.
"Training wolves to eat buffallo" had me munching the carpet, really.
They probably knew how to do that from day one.

Also, sarcasm aside, you read me wrong when you think I'm a bleeding heart , vegetarian, " Don't hurt the poor little deer, please" type.

I am a forester at heart, and one of the loudest voices around here about killing roe deer.
The lack of natural predators, since we lost most of the fox population to mange, has made the roe deer population literally explode.
We have seen massive death in some areas due to disease and parasites.
The hunters we have here are only interested in shooting big bucks, because a nice set of antlers on the wall equals a big set of balls in their eyes.
So no help there.
Finally, after more than 100 years, the wolf came back to Denmark and they are slowly but surely teaching the roe deer what nature is all about.
Yup, they eat some of them from the ass end, which you for some obscure reason find bad, but they also make my forest a better place.

May I suggest that you read: "Playing God in Yellowstone" by Alston Chase.
That might give you a different view of "nature"management in that park.

Another good read for you would be : " The National parks, America's best idea", by Dayton Duncan and Ken Burns.

I'm not trying to come off like a smart ass here ( Hell, I'm a smart ass born and bred, but trying to tone it down here in the House), but honestly, Jim, I have spent a lot of time reading a shitload of books about the US. It is, after all, the place I'd chose to live if they'd let me.

So next time you want to scrap with me, pick another topic than some wolves eating an elk from the ass end.

By the way, don't even get me started on how much money those Yellowstone wolves bring in, to an otherwise poor part of the country, by being a major tourist attraction.
Last time I visited Yellowstone, I read a survey that showed that about 80% of the 3 million people who visit the place yearly, cited the chance of seeing wolf as their main reason to go.
T'was mine as well, even though I'd seen plenty of them in the Yukon and Alaska.

Long post, sorry.
You hit a button.

Again:D

Sorry.
Falling off your chair and taking a bite off the carpet from laughing.

Can I pull the " English is not my native language" on this one, please?

Dang yotes running off my deer at 4am-5am.

Over 200 pics last night out back about 90yds from house. 2 cams notice need to reset a clock on one. Deer, coons, rabbits and yotes.

deer23816yote 033.jpg deer23816yote 026.jpg deer3816yote 180.jpg deer3816yote 173.jpg deer3816yote 090.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Must be nice having the deer that close to the house. As far as the 'yotes go, my motto is; "kill 'em all, big or small".;)

Must be nice having the deer that close to the house. As far as the 'yotes go, my motto is; "kill 'em all, big or small".;)

I do ;) None this year yet.

Past years. Theres more dead yotes but I would need to find them.

c1a3a6e9.jpg

CopyofCoyote001.jpg

CopyofCoyote2001.jpg

hilldeer010.jpg

red fox
hilldeer2023.jpg

Attachments

• Kev2010 164.jpg
    Kev2010 164.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 41
Settle down Palooka. Should we include words like "wolf" in your list of words that set you off? Wolfie, wolf, wolf, wolf.....ha!

The state sold the plan for reintroduction by using the buffalo eating training. To idiots anyway. So go ahead and read your wolf propaganda, if it makes you feel better. And no, I dont like watching an animal be eaten from the ass forward, while still alive. I get all shootie.

So the states kill all the wolves, then they bring em back, now they want to kill em again, same story with buffalo, same with grizzlies. Cant please everybody. That was my point. The state is good at swallowing the spider to get the fly.

Oh, a sod poodle is another term for a prairie dog.

Back