Hunting 2016

Was great hearing the story of the hunt go down last night. 76 years old and we figure the buck is min 6.5years old and could be 7.5years old.

The 15th point that is broken off from past pics is one of the split brow times.

Dad has been hunting him 4-5 years and has 3 sets of sheds from him.

Last night pics below. Hope to get some nice pics with past sheds later.

dddad.jpg dddada.jpg

Taken Dec 27th 5:05pm by my 76 year old dad, 125gr Muzzy broadhead and off my land where I had took 2 earlier in gun. He used a climber 20yds down from my stand to cut him off. It worked. :D

This deer is getting loins cut for loin steaks for later and tender loins getting ready for supper. Rest for ground and snack sticks. Yum yum. Love the deer meat. :thumbup:

Glad to see dad was the one that got this and scratch it off his bucket list.

dddaddeerc.jpg dddaddeer.jpg ddddaddeera.jpg dddadderb.jpg

ec8d20cfd431f6e1a541bb47cccac6ed.jpg
cbbf86a337e687cad50186e26ecf83a5.jpg

Got our first deer as a family this year. Me and the girls. It was a blast. One of my most special memories while hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

That antler in the leaves has the lines of an exotic knife, cool looking!

So cool Chris, glad u getting out and enjoying life with kids :thumbup:

Cory I thought the same...those antlers are unique

]
Got our first deer as a family this year. Me and the girls. It was a blast. One of my most special memories while hunting.

Nice and with family is the best. :thumbup:

Going to save and share with family and deer thread as never seen a rack like that before.

Dad took a rough green score of his deer for this year. 178 gross and he said very lenient as not to over measure any. 6" base and just under on other base.

I got the score sheet on pdf. Just need to save and print it out to compare to the buck in velvet on the wall.

If I remember it being mid 170's and not even done as it was killed July if I am thinking right. Would have to go back and check old thread.

Yesterday during muzzleloader season my bro was after the wide 6 or better he said. Setting in the shooting house on top of the hill flat over on his place. All our lands border each other.
Well the wide 6 didnt show but this guy with 1 broken off tine did.
FUNNY part is it ran into a tree after shot and fell with 2 more broken off tines laying beside it.

dbro2017.jpg

https://vimeo.com/200352127

Been working hard lately getting Copper ready to compete in his first field trial this spring. No special footage here. My hands are usually tied up but I managed this. We're working him on pigeons and chukars at the moment. The pigeon is about 15 years uphill. Just a quick clip of him honing in on the scent and locking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wouldn't play for me. But nice to read you again.

You guys would love a Vizsla, I think. They stalk. Sometimes real low to the ground, like a leopard.

Back