Hunting 2016

0671ad3e91e2bd7647b5e7eb7db953a0.jpg

My kids getting a pep talk before school one day in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here I was all excited about the well fed 4x4 nibbling on the alfalfa last night... Dude was just taunting me when I pulled up the drive. Shot from the porch is hardly fair :/:

Kill, kill, kill!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-NzFJxX8yoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stig, that was filmed 20 minutes from me, and my geometry teacher was an extra. Trinity Church is five miles from my house.

Yes but it is said to be effective 98% of the time according to a stat in there somewhere.

I finally got a chance to go mountain quail hunting yesterday, boy it was nice in the Sierra's

Did a little fishing in the late morning then hunted quail on the way out....I got 4 in like 10 mins...that never happends with mountain quail, you lucky to get 2 hunting all day, rough terrain up there, very steep canyons.

007.jpg

002.jpg

**Upper part of the Rubicon river

013.jpg

015.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow what some beautiful pics Scott. If those quail eat as good as our bobs you had a wonderful meal. I always loved quail hunting and eating but wild quail are pretty scarce nowadays here although I did see a pair today on our hunting property. It cooled off just a little the last few days and I got a chance to hunt a little myself. Saw several small bucks, gobs of turkeys and hogs. The bucks are just starting to get a little rutty and this guy was chasing a doe.
IMG_2226.jpg

Very nice job on getting that buck big Ray!!

Its the opposite here, not much deer at all but quail and manna like no other..lol

Nice Ray and Scott. Ray who owns the land where you hunt?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's Foley Land and Timber Cory. They're in the pine tree biz but they leave all the remaining hardwoods when they do a cut. Most timber companies hereabouts either cut or poison the hardwoods and drag a huge drum chopper across the clear cuts, which kills just about every living thing that can't outrun it. We've got some giant live oaks on the place, not to mention all the other mast producers, which is one reason we have so much game. We had a real problem with palmetto berry poachers a month ago, tearing down gates and fences but the berries and the poachers are gone now.

Back