Hunting 2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, about the conditions. Why didn't you try for any?
Already got a couple of bucks Cory, looking for one or two in particular. I walked in mid-day to check a trail camera and unbeknownst to me, one of those bucks was bedded ten yards from the camera. I walked past him, knelt down to open the camera and he exploded out of the palmettos right behind me. Checking the pictures, he had walked by the camera ten minutes before. The "luck" of a mature buck is crazy. The hogs we can shoot just about anytime but I may take one in the next few weeks while they're still acorn fat. Got some kids on the list to blast a hog or two as well.
Looking for that big blacktail picture Willie.

Nutting this am, too windy up there, they're all hunkered down. I'll go try this evening

I seldom miss when hunting, just haven't been shooting much this year and went to the wrong pin. Nice Buck too, still rutting a bit so i may get another chance

I've never shot a bow before, so I've got no idea how they work. I did shoot a giant inflatable pumpkin from the backseat of a Subaru with a blowgun dart at 35mph once if that counts for anything. Hit him right in the nose.

For some reason you don't really needed to sight a blowgun, it's just intuitive. Very effective with a poison tip, I bet, but then how do you eat the meat?

I seldom miss when hunting, just haven't been shooting much this year and went to the wrong pin. Nice Buck too, still rutting a bit so i may get another chance
Wish I could say that Willie! Instinct shot for years, but my instincts were obviously not that good. How far was he?

30 yards. Should be cutting meat right now.
As a teenager i floated back and forth with instinct and sights. Not sure how i settled on sights. But i did

Had a chance at a huge 4x5 Blacktail this morning. I was at full draw at 40 yards and he spotted me and stopped moving on the game trail he was on. I needed him to take about 3 more steps for the shot between 2 trees. He would not budge. I sat there as long as I could but finally had to let off... which... he high tailed it back the way he came. Dammit! I've killed some decent Blacktails in my life, but this dude was a brute! Would have been my bigges t deer ever. I harvested a really nice 4pt Muley about 20 years ago, and this guy was way bigger than the Muley.

Gary

Great pics RAY!!!!

OMGoodness, gotta luv the deer, turkeys and hogs in one area :thumbup:

Those big bucks will drive you batty with their super sensory perception Gary. If I think back on all the close encounters where they just knew something wasn't right and put the slip on me..........

Thanks Scott, it's a pretty cool place to hunt.

Should have had another double doe opening day gun season morning again. Except I fubbared the 1st one of the morning and it went to a place I dont have permission to track game into.
So took 1 doe later morning.
Then a young buck on day 3 evening.

So 1 tag left for later.

I'm a meat hunter first so I didnt care about the small rack. I was just looking at those loins across his back. :D

Doe was already skinned and in fridge to keep cool till I could leave. So little buck by itself.

dland5pta.jpg dland5pt.jpg dland5ptb.jpg dland5ptc.jpg

Back