Hunting 2016

Limbrat

TreeHouser
Took a few hours and went to the woods yesterday to try and shoot a hog. I got skunked but my bro-in-law shot this tusker. It was his 101st big game animal. A sideways hog. Go figure. P2240579.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
200 lbs Cory. Shot him in the ear with a .270, no meat loss and no tracking required. His ears were split and he was all scarred up from fighting but was in really good shape and fat as a....

He looks brawlic for sure.

Did he drop in his tracks with that shot? Spot and stalk?

Very cool.

Still wanting to do a wild boar hunt.

The 5 bucks I seen a week ago with antlers out back finally dropped their antlers.

My place up north sets between 2 woods and I catch pics of them in the back yard area about 70-80yds outback passing through.

deer2016feb26-27 008.jpg

Pretty big bodies, the one on the right still has a big neck. And a big block head! It looks like they've faired well through the winter.

Nice.
We don't have wild boars here, but they are almost a pest across the water, in Sweden.
My partner and I have a good friend whose brother lives and hunts there, so last week Richard got a whole one delivered.
He was so stoked.

Hard to tell from the picture, is yours a feral hog or a boar?

Hybrid, maybe?

Loads of boar hunting here, took this with my phone a good while back, they raid maize fields amongst others.
They can damage dogs and hunters pretty bad when rubbed up the wrong way.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 56
The reason we don't have any is that the owners of our 23 million pigs were afraid wild boar would be carriers of rinderpest.
So they were all exterminated.

I really don't know what to say.
I hate this place.

I hadn't realised that. That Denmark had exterminated wild boar.
They've been reintroduced to the UK, sort of surreptitiously.

They kicked me out once ( Twice, to be honest), not much chance of getting in again.
Do you think I'd be sitting here if Cali was open for me?

Where the nuclear reactors went bonkers on the coast here and whole towns were evacuated, the boars are running wild in great numbers. Hunters could have a field day, but it would probably be slaughtering merely for the thrill of the kill, the meat is likely contaminated. Depending on how close to the reactor you would be, you might have only a few minutes to get to shooting and then get out before your own radiation levels increased to dangerous levels, but you could wear a protective suit. Anyone up for the hunt?

Hard to tell from the picture, is yours a feral hog or a boar?
There's a little Russian blood that's been stocked here and there Stig but pretty much everything around here is feral. After a few generations in the wild, for whatever reason, the vast majority of them will be black. Must be a Freudian thing;)

Stiff requirements to sponsor someone into the US that isn't a relative. I think it would have to be in a business related context, like sponsoring an employee that has qualifications or abilities that no current US resident could provide. Stig getting hitched to a US citizen would have paved the way.

Back