Hunting 2016

Oh update, the 1st doe that went where I couldnt track has been on cam twice now. She made it with a groove of hair missing on her back at the front shoulders. Glad she lived and didnt got to waste.
Lesson learned wearing gloves and the first shot of the year. :(

Often had Elk sausages for breakfast over at a good friend's house. He said that Elk was a dry meat so he mixed in pork when he made the sausages. With eggs or pancakes made for a dynamite breakfast.

Black bear I'd guess? No griz in your hood afaik.

Nice. Hey, at least you got snow Willie. It just teased us here. Which is kind of a blessing since Deva would probably rather not work in it Monday :lol:
Nicest thing though. My friend at the gun shop texted me to find out if I wanted to pick up my new rifle today by 3 PM. I told her to go have a good Christmas Eve. She just wanted me to have it in case I wanted to play with it on Christmas.
Just gave me a warm feeling that someone thought about me and what would make my Christmas for a change :)

That's cool
What's your elevation there? I was up around 4000', snow was down to 2500

Nice. Hey, at least you got snow Willie. It just teased us here. Which is kind of a blessing since Deva would probably rather not work in it Monday :lol:
Nicest thing though. My friend at the gun shop texted me to find out if I wanted to pick up my new rifle today by 3 PM. I told her to go have a good Christmas Eve. She just wanted me to have it in case I wanted to play with it on Christmas.
Just gave me a warm feeling that someone thought about me and what would make my Christmas for a change :)

Stephen, my buddy up in Arcata tells me that the reservoirs are full and they have a good amount of snow in the mountains. Made me wonder how things look down your way, precipitation wise?

We got some decent rain. Still need more. You have to think of the reservoirs as like a bath tub. They only hold so much. The only get run off waters. Streams and such. Snow pack is the key. The big cities are what the reservoirs feed. Not much water in the scheme of populous things. Especially when the rain stops. You need snow melt.
Our wells up here need it too. Our water is years old from underground streams. Water that moves from snow caps through cracks in the rocks underground. They are also naturally hydraulically driven. With out that snow pack, we run out of water in a couple years. Less snow pack leads to dry wells often because of less hydraulic pressure pushing the water up cracks. Very complex.
Still no snow at my elevation. Not near enough higher up. This is far from over.
Cities have water for another year though.

Stephen, I hope you get the kind of snow you had the year we went Sequoia climbing.
I remember they told us there had been 27 feet of snow up there.
We still couldn't get in to Packsaddle grove in end of june.
I remember the ring of broken branches around all the Sequoias.Made us quite comfortable going out into the thin stuff, knowing it had already been stressed to the limit.

Dad got the biggun off my property tonight. 14 points and 15 was broken off. :thumbup: 76 years old and still using a climbing stand. He cut him off 20yds from my ladder stand I hunt.

dbb2016a.jpg

Very cool, i got video of the biggest blacktail I've ever seen. Can't get a clear screen shot. Hoping to see him next time i check cam

Back