Rope Knight, APTA

Oh I see 7 oz. That is a bit light to come down I'm thinking?

Yes it is on the light side for those through the canopy shots, but worked Ok for an isolated limb. Might drill this one and add a little lead but definitely need to make a heavier version.

Yes it is on the light side for those through the canopy shots, but worked Ok for an isolated limb. Might drill this one and add a little lead but definitely need to make a heavier version.

....you say or use "Lead" AHHHHH !... Prepare for Conniption Fit from "Rope Nite"

Take a half round of the right sized rubber ball and attach it to the front of that. More weight with a softer impact force and better aerodynamics.

It rocks! : 60 psi =100 ft .First shot with 150 psi took 180 ft of throw line and lifted the plastic 5 gal bucket I had it tied to a foot off the ground. smooth surface and taper pulled out of the tight spruce canopy easily. Now I need to make one a bit heavier with a longer taper.

I took a more accurate pressure reading at the air valve after filling the APTA chamber. 50 psi will get 100 + vertical with the 7.8 oz weight , 'O' ring seal makes all the difference!.. 200 psi = Redwood?

Take a half round of the right sized rubber ball and attach it to the front of that. More weight with a softer impact force and better aerodynamics.

It could definitely use a rubber bumper on the heavy end, maybe a small hollow rubber ball, run the bolt all the way through with a washer.

Read it from the beginning. Reminds me of a strange experience. In Iraq, we had a detainee in a prison riot take either a rubber or other riot control projectile to the face. Not sure exactly what it was, just that it was a “ less than lethal” round.

Dude had his eyeball hanging on his cheek. It was bizarre, I was working it the emergency room, and he was sitting up in bed looking really pissed off. He was talking and answering questions and showing no signs of head injury, normal vitals. I just figured anybody would be screaming for pain meds but this old man seemed slightly irritated and inconvenienced by his eyeball flopping around on his face.
Think he ended up losing the eye, we had to send him somewhere else for care.

Wonder if the hanging eye worked? That would be a little disorienting. It would certainly make glasses a pita.

Back