Rope Knight, APTA

now an APTA that was rifled, with a swivel to keep the throw line right would be amazing! i bet you could clear the redwoods.

It would not need all that fancy stuff. The APTA is not launching the weight with a swinging motion so just the drag of the throw line is enough to keep the weight stable in flight.

I think that getting hit with a traditional throw bag, with 160 psi behind it would be very, very low on my list of things to do, as well as being hit with the RK with 160 PSI behind it. Both will F you up.

I don't think the rope knight would travel like a bulllet unless it was rifled. for a normal throw bag rifling the apta would not matter because its a blob. But if you did it with a rifled apta built for a rope knight would clear some redwoods.

Hadn't thought of it either. One breaks all your ribs, the other passes through them.

Hell send me a RK and I'll shoot the damn thing out of my APTA in a controlled environment, namely my back yard with no one within range, and I'll let you guys know how it works.

Hanging out at the Tree House pushing the boundaries of science and technology, just don't put your eye out.

People don't kill people APTA's kill people..Oh wait no..APTA's don't kill people, people Kill....never mind, Just don't shoot people with APTA's.

+1
treat the APTA like a firearm, always point in safe direction, etc. and it doesn't matter what you choose to launch with it. Well, maybe that is a little too broad of a statement for the creative minds here... . :/:

Back in my lumber mill days we used to shoot lumber crayons with the 4 foot long high pressure blow guns when things got real slow on night shift.
All tolerated until the day one of the guys blew out both side windows of the fork lift I was running. He shot a small bolt from about 50 yards away.The bolt was stuck in the metal sheeting on the wall.

I remember shooting headless nails out of a old .22 using toilet paper wadding behind the nail, and .22 blanks. At 30' or so away, the nail would always hit broadside, which I found interesting and medieval. (nb. this was like several decades ago)

Arty simulators seemed to turn up in kit bags after exercises. They were fun.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nHApxh3pf0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I Made an APTA throw weight out of some aluminum I had. Added an 'O' ring grove and powder coated it. Weight is about 7 oz .I Didn't have a long enough piece to get the taper I wanted but I will try it out latter and see if its something worth pursuing. IMGP0063.jpg

Might want to see if the sky is clear of air planes before launching that.

Won't work BTW, doesn't have the right dildo shape.

It rocks! : 60 psi =100 ft .First shot with 150 psi took 180 ft of throw line and lifted the plastic 5 gal bucket I had it tied to a foot off the ground. smooth surface and taper pulled out of the tight spruce canopy easily. Now I need to make one a bit heavier with a longer taper.

Sweeet! That's a beautiful plug. I think your design is right. Thinking black powder musket ball rather than rogle bullet. What does it weigh?

Back