Spiderjack 2.1 Dyneema used $300ish new, I'd like $200 shipped.

flashover604

TreeHouser
Hi all. I picked up a used Spiderjack 2.1 Dyneema to try out. I replaced the cam for my own peace of mind and cleaned the whole thing up after inspecting it. I used blue loctite on all of the screws that need it. It works great, a little TOO great for me! On Imori it slides effortlessly. I'm still a fairly new climber on rope and I want to try SRT with something that stays put until I move it. The Spiderjack holds great until you unweight it, but slides up and down the rope when weight is removed, just like it's supposed to. You can flat out DROP out of a tree with this thing. Scary fast in my case. If you hate descents because they're too slow, This is your chunk of metal. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I want to try srt and figured I could sell the Spiderjack and put the cash towards a new srt set-up, be it ropewrench, hh2, etc.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll get pictures of it. I'm at work now or I'd post them up here.

Once again, this is used. Buy and use at your own risk, blah blah blah. It's scratched up a little and shows a little wear. The new cam has one climb on it. I'll include the original cam as well as the Allen wrench that came with the new cam.

You can get me at:

flashover604@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Zach

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you sir, I appreciate it! (Still haven't gotten a picture of myself in the shirt.) I'll work on that!

They're $375 on treestuff. Capitalism. If it's too high, it won't sell! It's not eating anything.

Funny about the Spiderjack ... Sherill said they couldn't keep'em in stock due to popularity. Never seen one in the field and I don't believe any regular posting members here use it.

If you climbed dDRt a lot I could really see how it would be a nice piece-o-gear. When you are climbing or just moving around with no weight on your rope it just slides. There's no tending, the rope just drops through it. When you weight it, it holds great until you unweight it again. The speed with which you can descend is pretty insane. The best I can describe it is like rappeling with a rack that didn't use all of the bars. The harder you press with your thumb, the slower you go. It's really a pretty neat device. It's also a pretty neat device that I don't need. It's unnerving to me since I'm fairly new to roped climbing and don't need to descend that fast. I don't need to do ANYTHING really fast yet. I'd rather send it down the road and try something else.

Ha! Somebody needs one. They just don't know it yet! I'm below half price now. That may help. Or it won't and I keep it! It really is a pretty cool little tool. I just want to try out an srt set up. Maybe more people are doing srt now than dDRt and there isn't as much of a demand. Who knows.

ill bite. ive always wanted one, but i moved away from DRT. they seem like such well made tools i cant see how i can live without it!

I was waiting for 5 bucks. Then I'd give it to Richard.
I get paranoid over mechanical stuff where you can't see the innards.
We're probably all chicken in some way or another.
That does it for me.

Back