Got our Brush Bandit this week!

NickfromWI

King of Splices
It finally happened! We got the new 990XP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IRUBzC-kkFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's my first time using it. The crew's had it a couple days now. I'm pretty sure it's a godsend.

love
nick

Just keep those knives sharp, and the anvil square and adjusted.

Beauty!

I don't know how you got by without.

I understand wussiness when engaging the belt. I gingerlyly bring mine up to speed, too. I have seen one smoke before when engaged too quickly. The belt for mine is only $62...but you have to remove the engine to replace it. I'm a sissy when I engage the belt.

Just be sure that there is nothing left from the last chipping session that can jam the flywheel. The Bandit 250 I used had a little cut-out from the belt housing, allowing you to confirm the belt is starting to move, not just slipping the clutch.

gosh we are twins. we had the same truck and chipper now again we have the same truck and chipper

Beauty of a machine Nick, congrats.

Ceramic disc clutch I believe. Bandit wants you to engage it and bring up to speed slowly. As in bumping it 10 times rather than pushing it into engagment in 3 or 4 times slipping it more and overheating discs.

They also preach that driving with chute backwards provides stresses not designed for and they see a lot of chute metal fatigue ( cracks) that way .

Do NOT drive with the shoot foward because you WILL jack knife it and mess that thing up especially with that little truck you can jack knife it going foward doing a u turn on a tight street. for sure putting stress fractures in the shoot.

Fwiw, Bandit told me the opposite re clutch engagement, bump it just 3 or 4 times to avoid burning the clutch.

OMG Cory what's a person to do? Try and get most accurate info from someone (clutch manufacturer ?) because overheating it to to point of damage was said to be fairly easy and $700 or 900 in parts with labor and down time on top of it.

Maybe they are different clutches in different machines and so have different requirements, idk. It would seem fewer bumps would mean less burning. In nick's vid, I thought something must be jamming the knives cuz it was taking so many bumps, but apparently that wasn't the case. On our machine we always look in to see if the drive belt is moving after the first bump to make sure knives aren't jammed.

Back