Bailey's security breach Sept 2015-Jan 2016

Reddog

TreeHouser
Heads up if you bought anything during that time.

https://www.baileysonline.com/pdf/databreach_info.pdf

The compromise event began on September 25, 2015 and involved persons capturing
keystrokes as customers typed information onto BaileysOnline.com. The breach event was
found and confirmed on January 11, 2016 and stopped on January 13, 2016. It was an
exploitation event introduced through a known defect in Windows 2008 Security. The theft
involved @15,000 credit cards used to pay for purchases on our website during the above
time frame. Of these @15,000 cards, nearly 25% were MasterCard® cards, 64% were
VISA® cards, and fewer than 5% and 6% were American Express® and Discover® cards,
respectively.

Someone tried to buy something with my card number yesterday. Chase emailed me a fraud alert, then cancelled my card and overnighted new ones to me. I asked for the name and address of the dog who tried to make the purchase, but as I expected, they weren't allowed to give out that information. Funny how crooks have such rights.... I am curious if my card number was breached through Bailey's. I can't remember if I bought anything during that period or not.

Yup gotta protect the scum or they may sue you...... kinda like the chick in Europe that was getting raped so used her pepper spray and is now being prosecuted for owning a banned device:whine:

What would you have done if they gave the info?

Meh....who knows? I know what I'd do if I caught them stealing $466 cash from my house.... In my opinion, credit card fraud is basically the same thing as outright stealing.

I bought some stuff from them last fall, not sure if it was in that period. Ita new debit card in November, does that mean I'm in the clear?

never use debit card for online purchase

debit card shouldnever leave your hand.....

I have never used a debit card. The way I see it, if someone somehow gets my credit card number and buys up some stuff, I'm not out ANYTHING. If they get my debit card number, they could drain my account...and while the bank "theoretically" will make it right, it may take some time.

My mother had someone try to buy over $3000 worth of computer stuff on her credit card once. The assistant DA came to their house, asked questions, and she had to sign some papers and such. An intelligent solution would be to contact the company through whom the purchase was made, tell them to go ahead and ship the order with junk in the package, with tracker inside, and have ONE agent pick up the person who gets the package. Instead, we run in circles "investigating" this junk....oh well, it's not like America is short on money or anything...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought some stuff from them last fall, not sure if it was in that period. Ita new debit card in November, does that mean I'm in the clear?

Dave you could always contact your bank and see what their thoughts are, they may have a new card and numbers sent to you.

I have never used a debit card. The way I see it, if someone somehow gets my credit card number and buys up some stuff, I'm not out ANYTHING

I use nothing but a debit card, but it's my secondary account and I only keep a minimum amount of money in it.

Laws/protocols are changing but, as I understand it debt cards and commercial credit cards the customer is responsible for all loses. Personal credit card - responsible for $50 of loss.

Up here it's pretty close to that, if you find an extra charge on your credit cards, not much luck to get it reversed. Card companies will fight you big time.

I used my PayPal card on this one. I already have been taken care of there and at my bank.
I was calling in an order for the big job while I was on a site. No computer to order from there.

Up here it's pretty close to that, if you find an extra charge on your credit cards, not much luck to get it reversed. Card companies will fight you big time.

Really? That's tough. I had 3 x $600 charges show up on the credit card I use for paying some bills and most internet stuff last month. Called as soon as I got my statement and they had it sorted in no time, cancelled that card and sent me a new one. Got to admit I was a bit worried about it though.

in alberta with visa I had two claims reversed over the phone no problem, now I use a prepaid visa that's available through canadian post for all online buying.

Yah I've never heard of anyone having issues with being stuck with fraudulent charges? I'm starting to wonder if Peter lives in the same Canada as I do. I tell yah back east sounds rough!

BC is just starting to try out beer and wine in a few pilot grocery stores, because I guess it's to inconvenient to have to go to the gas station for it.:|:

Back