To repair or replace a broken MS192T fuel tank

Wood Collector

TreeHouser
I have been given a MS192T chainsaw that was dropped but was okay after replacing the top handle and chain brake. My boss said it has been in storage as after he replaced the broken parts he could smell petrol. I have located where the crack is. It is along part of the seam where the two halves of the tank join.will post a pic soon of where it is. Would it be better to replace the tank with one from a ms192TC or can it be cleaned and then glued?

Replace if you can, glue not so good, but there are plastic welding shops specializing in fuel tanks, around here at least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well 6 weeks later and multiple visit I still don't have a new fuel tank or cluch side cover with chain brake. I went to a different dealer today and found out that it will cost about $300 in parts to repair it plus my free labour for me to change out the parts, and then it might not run perfect due to practically being fully disassembled and then rebuilt. Would it be better to buy a new 193 or150? I would not be using it every day as I mainly do inspections so the main use would be at tafe and when helping out my boss brother or the odd storm damage job or for minor dead wooding of the trees at my place. Cheers Pat

Thanks. I found one company that might ship to aus but all the other ebay adds have the may not ship to Australia or shipping within America only. I did find one complete 192 but I missed seeing if it sold and now can't find it so it is a real pita.

I haven't bought anything off ebay for quite some time but if I was on the hunt I would be querying the sellers directly just to confirm. Its made me really curious as to why the adds say that...

I knew it was some form of bs market distortion. I run a 200t, ideally I'd have a 150 as well. If you really had your heart set on buying something from the states its possible you could find some help on this site...

Thanks for the offer. I have found a epoxy resin that is fuel safe so I am going to email the company to make sure that it is suitable and if it is then I will get it.

I have been given a MS192T chainsaw that was dropped but was okay after replacing the top handle and chain brake. My boss said it has been in storage as after he replaced the broken parts he could smell petrol. I have located where the crack is. It is along part of the seam where the two halves of the tank join.will post a pic soon of where it is. Would it be better to replace the tank with one from a ms192TC or can it be cleaned and then glued?

How did you go?

Back