10 Bark Beetle Killed Pondos

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's wild when you work close to other treecos...

Its fun if there not hacks..lol

I finally got to meet Garrett, gave him a few jobs end of last year that I couldnt get to, I was to busy.

He not competition, just another treeco to give jobs back and fourth to...we call it "share the wealth" lol...If any of us are slow we just put out a tex to our friendly treeco's
and you will have work that week.

I stay away with dealing with the "shady" landscaper's and tree hacks, wont do business with em, learned that from the past.

Looks like a nice clean setup he's got. It's great when there's comraderie amongst crews/companies. I never understood the 'I hate you because you have the same interest/passion I do' philosophy.

Scott, how do you work out pricing? Do you mean if you get calls, you suggest calling someone you know for a bid? Do you have a regular sub-contracting rate for you or you/ groundie?

Sean, I just give HO there number to call them.

Then I give one of the treeco's a tex to let them know that so and so will give you a call...they go bid it..... no money comes my way but it all equals out cuz they do the same for me.

These are treeco's with a GOOD track record that Im friends with.

Great pics mate and beetle info. Thanks for sharing.

I had a question but it was answered about the integrity of the timber.

I'll give you my groundies number. His guns could have had a workout on that job. ;)

Great pics mate and beetle info. Thanks for sharing.

I had a question but it was answered about the integrity of the timber.

I'll give you my groundies number. His guns could have had a workout on that job. ;)

I bet he would be like having 3 groundies in one...lol :lol:

self loader guy picking up timber....I always like to watch this, completes the job

go8oFfph.jpg

7iTJnDwh.jpg

qd2MAAJh.jpg

W1WZ0eJh.jpg

UdMm7T3h.jpg

jevTxHah.jpg

Nice truckload!

Edit. It's always seemed strange how your guys's loggers are limited to five axles in those western states. Up here it's seven(long) and eights(shorts).

Also what a strange setup for the self loader being set so far back from the cab like that? I wonder why?

Good eye's squish!..not sure

Ill see him tomorrow, I will bring it up ;)

Got the job complete today, finished flush cutting a stump and raking chips all nice like...cut up small, left over pieces of pine the mill doesnt want and loaded them in truckster.

Self log loader pick up last 3 logs, he broke a hydro line yesterday and couldnt finish but got em today!

This is a few miles up the road from job site, great for having lunch, which I did..;)

DMOZqeL.jpg

fGB6bbN.jpg

That looked like a nice job and from your pics a relaxing one as well. I would've ate lunch there, even if it wasn't lunchtime

I have to paint my Vermeer chipper...that green of your truck may be what I use....great color.

thanks Gary...If you decide it, Ill get the paint code for U

Beautiful country Scott and obviously a job well done. What kind of deal did you work out with the logger?

Thanks Big Ray!

early Last year if you filled the truck you would get mabey $700 dollars back.

Now, because of all the fire area's being logged and bark beetle kill widespread through out cali you wont get any money back unless you fill the truck twice, and thats only because he's local....now if hes got to drive more than 20mins or so he will charge $150 to pick it up...he can barley get rid of it and board foot dropped out to almost nothing....its such a bummer!

Beetles killing all those trees, what a shame. BOTS great pics, beautiful area to work in. Stack em' and rack em'!!

Back