10 Bark Beetle Killed Pondos

BOTS

TreeHouser
I started this job last Friday but got hit by rain this week....tomorrow, wednesday I should be back for the other 8 Pondies.

I went solo on first 2 and chipped two by myself...neighbor was close by splitting wood all day, had phone in my pocket with service ;)

Nh3SdITl.jpg

bKpH2Rjl.jpg

hu5WgVVl.jpg

LdRDCwTl.jpg

jw2KMKnl.jpg

4liDvgRl.jpg

CYrLZvKl.jpg

O2GoX57l.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This wont be EPIC like Stephens thread but Ill do my best and get a bunch of pics up as the week rolls on !

vfGbKddl.jpg

dU25IvKl.jpg

swwzwbGl.jpg

xerWP5Al.jpg

bGpPc7y.jpg

Ray, a few of them are mabey 120ft tall so just meduim size for pondos, I call em "fun size" lol

Scott,
Nice job.
it as cool seeing Bix do his thing on some of those big dry pines... And see your passion for trees...
Looks like a good winter for you all. I trust you know what you're doing and still think it would make sense to get a groundie to help.. that's a lot of up and down to start with, then dealing with the brush and wood solo... not my idea of fun...

AMEN to that Gerry.

Some nice shots Scott. Yeah, they the fun ones. Strip for size and lay em out. Minimal roping. Make it thin.
Keep them coming bro!

Were those two side by side done with a single tie in or swing over Scott. Looks like it.

DRT (blue moon)on top of the first one, swing over to second one, knocked it out fast.

Put pull ropes in both at tops, that why the xtra ropes up there.

And I always take up an xtra rope when going solo for safety...use figure "8" if needed if DRT rope gets caught/hung up on branches below...

Scott,
Nice job.
it as cool seeing Bix do his thing on some of those big dry pines... And see your passion for trees...
Looks like a good winter for you all. I trust you know what you're doing and still think it would make sense to get a groundie to help.. that's a lot of up and down to start with, then dealing with the brush and wood solo... not my idea of fun...

Thanks Dan

I have a groundie but he wasnt avalible that day, he will be there on the rest of job though.

Hopefully this winter will put a kibosh on the bug. It's painful to see more and more pines dying up in the high country, and even down here on the coast.

Jer, if we get enough rain it will slow them way down next year...if its 50deg. or under they go into dormant stage so spring will get things going again if trees are still weak.

I thought they looked a little small for your part of the country, even though we rarely have anything that tall out here. I have a possible lead from a construction buddy of mine with some pines that sound like they might be in the 100ft range, we'll see. I've got to make a trip out west and see the monsters you guys get to play in all the time. Thanks for the pics!

More "fun size" today :/:...great weather!

O3IzPO1.jpg

PAOlGLjh.jpg

xLjlMkzh.jpg

HVnWr3dh.jpg

gRa7OHDh.jpg

Brought the BBQ today...serving "bark beetle dogs".......:lol:

TRnfVzp.jpg

nice pics bots!!
Are you throwing chips in the yard? Didn't see the green machine.
I wish we had big pines around here.Biggest one I been in around here maybe 80/90 feet:|:

nice pics bots!!
Are you throwing chips in the yard? Didn't see the green machine.
I wish we had big pines around here.Biggest one I been in around here maybe 80/90 feet:|:

Thanks sawman!

yes, chipping on site so didnt need x-davey truck..lol...using my F350 7.3 to pull Tippy chippy around yard.

Cool pics Scott, I love the picnic on the grounds. Is there any sap in those trees?

Thanks big Ray!
Not much sap/pitch at all, its why the beetle gets into the trees, pines natural defence is gone.

I thought they looked a little small for your part of the country, even though we rarely have anything that tall out here. I have a possible lead from a construction buddy of mine with some pines that sound like they might be in the 100ft range, we'll see. I've got to make a trip out west and see the monsters you guys get to play in all the time. Thanks for the pics!

Chris, ya, a lot of em here are in the 150ft range and bigger here and there.

If u ever make it out in nor cal sierras you will enjoy it! lots to see ;)

A man after my own heart......a collection of clean gorgeous Fords! Nice.

Thank you Justin, Im really enjoying this job!

Its nice doing only 10, lot less stress being Im only climber/faller

My groundie doing a great job chipping/clean up/sending me up ropes which keeps it smooth going

Yah from the pics it looks like a pretty creamy setup there and hard to beat a hot lunch for moral!

Back