Advertising

colin-roberts

Young Arborist
I'm always looking for better ways to advertise. I get most of my work from referals and Facebook but that just isn't cutting it. I wanna grow by at least $1000 per month profit but I need help

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

You want to increase your gross by $12k/year? Seems like a very small goal?

Are your vehicles signed?

Do you have business cards?

News paper ads?

What kinda numbers are you doing now, how long have you been in business, and what is your work area's population?

I'm trying radio ads this year... I worked out a deal with a radio company to be able to run 2 ads a day on the 2 stations for over a year trading out for a week's worth of work (~$27k of ad space). I'm also going to get the truck signed... just makes sense.

Direct personalised letter, envelope and stamp addressed to the specific ho's name. Database can be purchased or Library(generally a few yrs out of date) pick the streets you want and make it all tidy and prof.
Www your biz as best you can afford

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It seems like a very small goal but considering I'm part time it's a big enough step for me to consider full time. It's the $1000 gross that matters if I spend $2000 to make 4000 then that's still within my goal

I'm always looking for better ways to advertise. I get most of my work from referals and Facebook but that just isn't cutting it. I wanna grow by at least $1000 per month profit but I need help

Describe your operation, tools, crew, and market.

How competitive do you feel like you bid? One part is is optimizing what you are already doing.

Couple clicks and I found your web page. I'd change the crew description. Sounds too part-time.

Can you add a picture gallery to your site, particularly Before and After, and trees pruners rather than removed, as you promote that as a company strength?

If the phone rings and you don't answer it, you're losing business. Period. If you're part timing it you likely miss some calls. One of the biggest moves I made was making sure the phone got answered during normal business hours.
And make sure the answering machine is professional for off hours and when you're on the other line.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks south and sotc that's excellent advice.. my tree care business has kinda fallen in my attention since furniture sales kicked off

a good website and seo provider, they are going to be hard to find but if you do its a game changer

I agree with Chris. SEO did it for me. I was sick of paying for Angie's List and all these other ad services with unimpressive results, so I just decided to give it a shot. My new site - Albany Tree & Property Service was done by a guy I met in NYC and it pushed me way up the search results, which subsequently led to a ton of calls. I attached a pic of this month.
calls.JPG

I'm a believer now. Find the right person.

...And make sure the answering machine is professional for off hours and when you're on the other line.

I'm surprised how many business have voicemails like "this is Bob's cell phone. Leave a message and I'll calm you back."

Seriously Bob?!

love
nick

Back