Text or email only calls

If you were to do that, I bet you would get many, many more solicitations. Selling of phone lists, etc.

...never get the scammers. I agree w Mick in my market about half the places are second homes. As I have grown older and now hate everyone I can still pull it up for a good sales call but hate them too. Texting after work hours is the best way for me to line up next job. They have no idea I have been drinking...

Gary, are you joking?

Maybe English challenged. Sure, could be a scam but some are hard to know. I get scam emails at work...want to know if we sell HP printer supplies or cameras...things easy to order off the web and resell. Those I can tell in a hurry. This one reads to me like a "maybe".

Gary- i know for sure this one is a scam. We keep getting similar texts. They give fake addresses. We pursued the first one, then learned its a scam. We get similar messages maybe once a week. Sometimes they say they are deaf. They always ask if we take credit card. I can't tell what their game is though.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get those Nick...never responded. Maybe one a month....do their texts impact my alloted texts from Atandt?

Gary- i know for sure this one is a scam. We keep getting similar texts. They give fake addresses. We pursued the first one, then learned its a scam. We get similar messages maybe once a week. Sometimes they say they are deaf. They always ask if we take credit card. I can't tell what their game is though.

love
nick

some guy on AS thinks it goes like this

Here's the scam.
When it's time to pay you I will suddenly remember that I have to pay a fee/balance/payment to the "home seller" to finish the house deal.

Since I'm incapacitated I'll ask you if I can over pay you (the tree is $800 bit I owe 2000. Let me send u 2800 and you pass the 2000$ along for me.)

You'll get the check, take your cut, mail/deliver/deposit the other persons cut.

Week will pass and then the check will bounce or the card will come back bad and now u owe $2800 to someone.

When we followed up with the first one, they gave a wrong address. It was a street that doesn't even exist. I couldn't figure out their angle

love
nick

Prey's on the gullible and frazzled.

My friend, who might be a self-made business woman, can't be positive all the way through, but I know her family is not rich and flashy, had a bank account broken into. Her power bill was normally auto-pay out of that account. She got a call about not having paid her power bill at her restaurant, and the power was about to be shut off unless she sent a money order for $1400, pronto.

The clerk at Safeway grocery store got the manager. The manager told her she was getting scammed.

She was in a frantic spot, and knew she didn't want the power cut over a CC account getting closed, and the new account not having autopay set-up.

If they get 1 in 1000, they're making easy money.

Scam or hoax? How much wood does he need that he can't find in the woods.

c3130576bcfe21d86f29ebe8dab378f4.jpg

That's legit.
Hugelkultur, from the little I've read, after a potential customer wanted to convert tree to mound, is a self-heating (decomposition), water-retaining woody center to a tall, mounded vegetable garden "bed", more like a dresser.

Like I said, you don't have to pay for disposal at the dump, if you find the right connections who will buy chips/ wood, or at least take for free, if its convenient. For me, its at least an hour, round trip, to pay to go to the dump.

Deva, If you are helping a real person to find wood sources at some point there is a yard in Sausalito that is a storage point for logs, stumps, wood collected off the SF Bay. Army Core of Engineers uses an old WWII fighter plane recovery boat to skim the surface for water hazards. They pay big bucks to dispose of from there.

Really? Near the corp of engineers bay model off bridgeway? I love that museum. I've seen that boat..pretty rad. Where's the wood stored? I'll turn him on to it.

I used to go to Jacoby st. Behind Jack in the box in San Rafael back in the day...what a rip off...

The transfer point or dump is not that far from my place if I need to dump...my truck is usually 60 bucks to dump.

Knot yet. I've been able to drop brush off at work for 10 years....I got two months left, then I'm out to sea in my tiny boat ready to surf with sharks, chip brush and dump chips.

Back