Virtually new 200t on eBay...

Or at the least available. I took part numbers to my dealer here and still couldn't buy it to fix that worthless POS that they released before the bugs were worked out. The later 201 was much improved.

They were available for around $50 --included carb. flywheel and coil. In Australia!
Should have been made to replace all components!

I have muffler modded and did modifications to ignition timing and carb on early models, and had a good running saw, comparable to older 200. Tested them side by side.
I used to have high respect toward Stihl products but after this big blunder, I now use Makita.

Thing is most Saw dealers sold fifty middle and big saws for every one 200 Top Handle , prob still some new ones around in stock if you scour I figure.

They were available for around $50 --included carb. flywheel and coil. In Australia!
Should have been made to replace all components!

I have muffler modded and did modifications to ignition timing and carb on early models, and had a good running saw, comparable to older 200. Tested them side by side.
I used to have high respect toward Stihl products but after this big blunder, I now use Makita.

Yah when I was pushing for it my local saw shop said they inquired with the stihl rep and it wasn't available to me due to no demand. So I turned around and bought a 540. That was an even bigger mistake.

That 020T I was using in my 1995 carving video was a great little saw. 1993 was when the 020 was upgraded from the old cinder block 1971 design. The MS200 was introduced around 2000 with very few changes except that was when the carb issues started as I found out around that time.
So if you find a mid 1990's 020T in mint shape snap it up

Back