In The News...

I wonder why they don't mandate the kids wear wooden shoes. Does pork now need legal protection? You guys are as bad as the French for nanny state laws.

For the record I eat and love bacon but I'll agree with Muslims jews and Christians it is a disgusting filthy animal terrible for the body and the environment. I try to get my pig from a local farmer who lets his pigs eat roots outside now and again. I make sure my cow, lamb, goat and chicken is halal, kosher or from a known farmer. It seems there is a noticeable difference in quality between halal/kosher and standard American industrial meat.

The white guy asks the Indian why he has two clay pots for sale at different prices. One is 5 bucks and one is 10. The white guy says they are the same pot. The Indian says he is right, its just that some folks like to spend 5 bucks and some like to spend 10.

Yeah, I guess the halal slaughtered animal tastes better cause a prayer was said before the critter's throat was slit and it bled out.

I don't think that pigs are necessarily filthy, they can be raised for meat production in cleaner environments. Pack any animals together in numbers in small enclosure environments and sanitation is problematical. The same with humans, learning how the Nazis kept people in concentration camps to strip their victims of any dignity, there too it was a terrible horrendous affair with the small chance for survival coming at any cost. Such an ordeal that it should never be allowed to be forgotten.

The white guy asks the Indian why he has two clay pots for sale at different prices. One is 5 bucks and one is 10. The white guy says they are the same pot. The Indian says he is right, its just that some folks like to spend 5 bucks and some like to spend 10.

I much prefer the Arab grocery stores here Jim as the prices are cheaper. In the Arab grocery stores you have piles of fresh fruit and veggies of all kinds and the meat is cut in front of you. In the Kroger you have individually wrapped potatoes and frozen Tyson chicken at a steeper price. Its true the produce from the Arab store goes bad a bit quicker but it's fresher and cheaper. They also have unhomogenized milk, sheep cheese and the biggest selection of olives I've ever seen. And dates. I love dates.

I do like sheep cheese.

Unhomogenized? Is it still pasteurized?

It does pay to shop around. Nothing against an Arab grocery, they would go broke with high prices and low quality. The high price/low quality is how the store here does it. They forget that people can drive 20 miles for better stuff.

The big town three hours away has a sort of speciality shop for food and such. The Lithuanian lady in town had a standing order for stuff when ever anyone went there. I think its great that people can buy stuff that makes them feel at home.

When I went to New Zealand I almost cried when I found a bottle of Heinz ketchup at a touristy grocery. Watties "Tomato Sauce" sucks!

I just get riled up when folks take the high road and tell you that some type of food is better than others. Its all advertising.

It's probably not so much it being halal as they are more old school. You want hamburger, they go to the back and slice off a chunk of hamburger cut and grind it for you right there. They don't have 20 gallon sacks of frozen chicken wings and sacks of Jimmy dean nitrate solution food coloring soy/ pig/ salt product.

Yeah it is pasteurized. It is very hard to find unpasteurized. They sell the un homogenized at the fancy stores like whole foods but I cant set foot in there without blowing the bank.

For the record I eat and love bacon but I'll agree with Muslims jews and Christians it is a disgusting filthy animal terrible for the body and the environment.

Lotta innaccurate info there imo.

"The big town three hours away..."

You can't travel three hours in Mass without going on a ferry to Nantucket or the Vineyard.:lol:

I'm just a country bumpkin! I am three and a half hours or so away from the "big" town of 50,000 people.

Like five and a half from the REAL big town! Thats at 75 too!

BTW, I enjoyed those pics you posted a while back of Mass Dave.

I wonder why they don't mandate the kids wear wooden shoes. Does pork now need legal protection? You guys are as bad as the French for nanny state laws.

So outlawing the burka is a nanny state law?

Making sure the halal hippies don't make us all roll over on our backs to appease the growing muslim population is nanny state laws?

The wooden shoes law only makes sense if a bunch of people were against wooden shoes, because their medieval god told them to be, and they started pressurizing the rest of us to not wear them.

Denmark is a very secular country, we are just trying to make sure it stays that way.

Yeah it is pasteurized. It is very hard to find unpasteurized. They sell the un homogenized at the fancy stores like whole foods but I cant set foot in there without blowing the bank.

I can just walk up my quarter mile driveway, across the road and another few 100 yards, the dairy farmer there sells fresh milk, bottled daily.
One of the joys of not living in a city.

Since I hate milk, I never buy any, but the option is there.

yeah, I would say outlawing "face covering" is a Nanny State law and something that could never happen in this country as it gets cold and there are too many reasons to cover your face other than muslim. Requiring that schools serve Pig is crazy. So you have a school full of vegetarians, muslims and Jews and you are required to put a slab of Pig on their plate? What are your required to do with all the ig that gets thrown away?

The reason I was asking about you taking the voting test is that I do believe you would be a Trump Voter if you lived in this country.

Lotta innaccurate info there imo.

This is an opinion so not inaccurate at all! I do love good quality pig, even poor quality pig from time to time. But the environmental devastation that industrial pig farming has done is amazing. See North Carolina. There is nothing particularly nutritious about Pig. It is pretty bad for you especially in large quantities. I think there is solid reasoning behind the food requirements of scripture to be taken with a grain of salt but not to be totally poo poo d.
I find it interesting that The Navajo culture, thousands of miles removed and thousands of years removed from the old testament also bleeds their animals for slaughter. Other traditional cultures follow this same practice.

We have our own Nanny State problems. You can buy a missile practically here at " the tactical superstore" but try to find un pasteurized milk! A farm a few months ago was raided by the Feds and they dumped hundreds of gallons of milk on the ground and broke all their eggs. Another guy was selling unpasteurized milk as Pet Food. He was forced to put green dye in the milk to discourage human consumption.

As for mandating what schools served, school food here is barely fit for consumption at all, so cannot knock the Danes for having a discussion about it.

Jeez, Kevin, do you actually believe they put a slab of pork on the kid's plates.
Don't be silly.
Lunch is usually a buffet style thing, with lots to choose from, so even the vegetarians can get their fill.

We, however, don't bitch and complain that meat is being served at all, just like you never hear the jews going on and on about what an outrage it is that pork is served.

Just because I believe that Europe has had it quota of muslims filled a long while ago, why would that make me vote for the crazy air bag?

Hitler gassed gypsies, I don't like gypsies, does that make me a nazi?

Back