In The News...

How does this happen?

At what point do you say "frig this game, I'm going home"?! I've gotten frostbite/nip a couple times, but at least I was doing something productive when it happened. Also, gloves??

Lots and lots of booze
This is a widely perpetuated myth. Here are the true effects of alcohol as far as body temperature is concerned.

Alcohol can...
  • Reduce shivering, which is obviously our body's way of generating warmth.
  • Increase sweating: This counteracts the brief sensation of warmth caused by increased blood flow to the skin.
  • Open blood vessels: Alcohol affects the blood vessels just below your skin, causing more blood and heat to flow into them. This takes blood and heat away from the core of your body.
Alcohol can also increase the risk of hypothermia during cold exposure. Studies have found that alcohol ingestion often plays a role in hypothermia-related injuries and deaths.

Alcohol can also make it harder to keep a steady body temperature and control your movements.

Coming to a city near you.

Nope, not skeered. Russia is a peer like Nigeria. Couldn't pull off a 50 mile thunder run into Kiev. Still faffing about in Ukraine after how long? Their "5th Gen" SU-57, isn't, and they don't even have a full squadron. Army full of rural siberian conscripted soldiers with no belly for the fight. Oh, and wagner group. Corruption runs so deeply through that country it makes DC look like a shining beacon.

Russia has had to buy its weapons from North Korea lately, and weapons from the DPRK are typically old and sometimes prone to failing catastrophically. My point is that I also don't really view Russia as a threat, nor do I view them as this superior force just because "they are more advanced than they were during the Cold War." Um, almost everyone on the planet is more advanced than back during the Cold War. That talking point is meaningless. And as @Kaveman said, they're getting their asses handed to them by the Ukrainians and the Russians could barely penetrate the country back when they initiated their attack.

The Russians have been pushed back significantly and morale is immensely low. Where are they going to get all of these new solders to fight Americans? The current fight that has already disposed of a huge number of their resources (weapons, soldiers, tanks, planes, military leaders and political figure/oligarchs (because they get taken behind the would shed), etc. I don't think Russia wants a nuclear holocaust anymore than the US does. Because as soon as someone fires a nuclear warhead at the other country, that's it. That's when everything and everyone but the cockroaches and tardigrades will no longer exist on the planet from the detonations and fallout.

I dunno. Sure, yeah, Russia can nuke us or initiate a more low key attack...but Putin has absolutely no desire to. I have no doubt that Putin is a narcissist. Self-preservation is his number one priority, and leaders with that personality disorder typically do everything they can to live forever while they rule over others with an iron fist. That kind of power is addictive; it has become Putin's identity. Why do you think he has made his term as leader of Russia indefinite? He wants that to be how he exists forever and so he will do everything he can to ensure that he gets to experience the rest of his lifetime as president of Russia. People with a death wish typically do not make plans to be president for a lifetime.

Last edited:
Back