In The News...

You guys follow the front page news about as closely as I do! :lol:

Thank you fellas for your perspective

I dont pay attention to news or weather usually. From my experience, if it's going to be bad enough, it will force itself somehow to my attention. The state or other outlets will issue warnings for weather and for any truly important news.

Imagine what predicting weather must have been like 100 years ago. Call or telegraph a few states over and ask what temps and clouds are headed in which direction? I think one of the Gospels said people would watch for a red sunset or sunrise to know rain was coming or not. Must be how the clouds block the sun several miles away.

Last night......

From our Sheriffs....

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING... Around 11pm on Sunday night, Quentin Gelhaus, age 31 of Cathey’s Valley, and two of his friends had been drinking inside Miners Inn. After a verbal argument with workers in the bar, Gelhaus was asked to leave. He and his two friends exited the bar, less than a minute later Gelhaus took out a gun and shot several times through the door of the bar. Several shots penetrated the door and entered into the bar that was occupied by several customers. The female friend attempted to stop Gelhaus. Gelhaus and his friends then left the bar in their vehicle, once turning onto Hwy 49S Gelhaus wrecked his vehicle into an embankment. He and his two passengers were injured in the accident. The gun was located inside the vehicle. Gelhaus was arrested and charged with the following:
664/187- Attempted Murder
236- False Imprisonment
245- Assault with a Firearm on a Person 246- Shooting at Inhabited Dwellings/Vehicles
537- Defrauding Inn Keeper
29800- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
273.5- Corporal Injury (Domestic Violence)
His bail is currently set at $500,000 “This had the potential of being a very bad situation. I am thankful no one was seriously injured or killed. I am thankful for the Sheriff’s Office quick response to the scene, keeping our communities safe 24/7.” Sheriff Jeremy Briese
FB_IMG_1706583163635.jpg FB_IMG_1706583159090.jpg FB_IMG_1706583155103.jpg

Sherriff is getting weary of incidents. They published a story/interview after a shooting last week or so ago.
It revolves around drugs up here.
The cartels are active.
T ons of grows.
Meth and Fentanol coming in also fromthe Valley gangs
With CA laws put inwith out democrat super majority, they catch and realease or early release. Often violent felons that even have gun convictions. You see the list here I copied. Anything we can slap them with to hold them longer. And they are right back. Armed and dangerous. Add our homeless and mental illness issues thrown into towns, cities and burbs, its crazy.
Our sherriffs and local CHP support conceled carry BTW. They know the general population up here has their backs.

Listening to the news today. Govenor Newsome was out shopping.
Noticed some shop lifting.
Went and found a store employee
Reported the shoplifter.
The employee, not recognizing Newsome, then told the governor that because of the new laws the govenor and legislators have passed on crime, they can't do anything anymore. No accountability. Company policy. As they are not prosecuted.
Basically, most stores even realise, it is too dangerous for the store help and made this policy.
Request denied.

Listening to the news today. Govenor Newsome was out shopping.
Noticed some shop lifting.
Went and found a store employee
Reported the shoplifter.
The employee, not recognizing Newsome, then told the governor that because of the new laws the govenor and legislators have passed on crime, they can't do anything anymore. No accountability. Company policy. As they are not prosecuted.
Basically, most stores even realise, it is too dangerous for the store help and made this policy.
Request denied.
This has been the status quo for years. What an ignorant politician. The safety of a store employee supersedes the pursuit of a shoplifter. What an asshat. They're supposed call on law enforcement in such cases. I know because I tackled a guy stealing snow blower four years ago at Home Depot and prevented a loss. But I still got reprimanded for pursuing the thief. They also gave me a pay raise, so it was whatever.

Elon is a pimp...

How about the trillions of tax cuts to the rich? We get anything for that? Didn't think so, it's cool that you like giving your money to rich people so much, you're such a nice guy :lol:

Back