In The News...

Are there no misunderstandings or confusion in face to face encounters?

There are different inflections, non verbal clues etc. in internet conversations.
Emojis, triple ellipsis, gifs, memes and other ways of getting your point across in a clear and often funny way.
You have time to consider your response and even edit before hitting send.
Plus you can’t be interrupted or shouted down or even punched in the face for disagreeing with someone.
Your ‘opponent’ HAS to read (hear) your opinion if he wants you to hear his.

It is different for sure, but it is real and its here to stay.

My Ford has a kink in the filler neck(my fault, I'm a sawyer not a mechanic) so it takes me for ever to trickle fuel in. Goes faster with ye olde Jerry can. Still, love burning me some dinosaurs. When Elon figures out a way for me to plug the damn thing into a tree, I'll be first in line, and I'll buy two.

A case of rampant sextortion via Instagram...

@Kaveman, I have an AI generated photo of you (using all of the photos you have shared) that shows you touching your wood (get it? get it?). I want you to send 0.5 Bitcoin to my private wallet address or I will leak the picture on Instagram, Twitter and this forum. I doubt you want the entire world to know how you put your hands on living organisms of the coniferous variety and how tied in you are to their supple stems. :lol:

Last edited:
A case of rampant sextortion via Instagram...

@Kaveman, I have an AI generated photo of you (using all of the photos you have shared) that shows you touching your wood (get it? get it?). I want you to send 0.5 Bitcoin to my private wallet address or I will leak the picture on Instagram, Twitter and this forum. I doubt you want the entire world to know how you put your hands on living organisms of the coniferous variety and how tied in you are to their supple stems. :lol:
Psst, I worked for Brazzers bro, literally millions of people have seen my shaft. Post away.

Them and a few other companies.

Unfortunately, I know the demographics of the audience, and know for a fact that more men have seen my tallywhacker than women...by orders of magnitude...

Them and a few other companies.

Unfortunately, I know the demographics of the audience, and know for a fact that more men have seen my tallywhacker than women...by orders of magnitude...

That is most certainly accurate. But a paycheck is a paycheck and a customer is a customer, homie.

Some people's kids. Absolutely shameless.

Poor kitty cat. The amount of people who signed the petition to get the conductor fired is enormous (300,000 people).

Because I have no life, I found the actual footage of the Russian conductor throwing the poor wittle kitty out into the frigid elements!

The cat had only been missing for a day or two and there was already a search party of people. The group of individuals searching for the cat in the awful weather had as many as 100 individuals in it. Russian people clearly love their feline friends.

Saaaaaay whaaaaaaat?! B*tch, please.

Tough stuff. I'm gonna have to look into the lichen growing on my rocks. We're kinda proud of the stuff, knowing its actually a fairly delicate structure, and can have incredibly long lifespans, etc, etc, we also have some pretty interesting moss like stuff that I've always thought was a kind of lichen, as it ends up desiccated in the dry seasons, but springs back to vibrant, verdant green at the slightest moisture.

French love a protest, always kicking off about something or other. On a day to day basis I don’t keep up with French affairs, unless it affects me directly, which up to now it hasnt. But as I’m planning a trip back to the UK next week I hope it’s eased off a bit.
@Marc-Antoine is man you need…

Damned, I'm targeted !
But I may not be the man needed, as I don't follow the news closely (by far). To tell the truth, i didn't even know that there was something going on, until this weekend when my wife was concerned about the access to my monday's job site near Paris. The farmers planned a blocage of the capital by closing all the main highways around it this monday at 14:00. That sounded bad. But it was an easy job and I left before that, so I didn't saw a thing. Tell about a witness ! :D

They wont give up easily though, so I expect to encounter some serious problems the following days.
To answer the question, it seems that the farmers unions weren't pleased by the promises of the prime minister, because the troubles for this week are the result of it. They did put on hold saturday theirs actions from last week to wait and see if the official's propositions were good enough. So, it's a "no" and they upgraded their plans to enhance the pressure on the government.

Back