In The News...

View attachment 133406

Reading articles about trans people where they use each person's proper pronouns is so incredibly confusing. I had to read and then reread a few of the sentences multiple times in order to make sense of what they were saying. This is probably only the second article I've ever seen where the writer uses correct pronouns, but I have no doubt that this is happening more and more frequently. There's nothing intuitive about using make-believe pronouns and I think it would take a very long time before someone is able to do so without any confusion or, when using them while speaking or writing, without making any mistakes. I am all for respecting people and their identities, and I understand why transgender people prefer to be referred to by their proper pronouns, but it's extremely unnatural...especially those who expect everyone to use "they/them" instead of "he/him" or "she/her."

Last edited:
We got our cancelation notice this month. Merry Christmas.
18 years of no claims. By gone.
We are lucky we are in a position to not have to take on the financial burden of double our current rate. Others are not.
Insurance through the state or your mortgage Co. Price it sometime.
We are fire hardened btw. Water on site. Fire hydrant at corner tapped into a million gallons owned by the county. Paved streets. Cleared land. CDF camps out here when wee have a fire. No matter.

"Natural selection at work"
"One less (moron) is a fine thing"

As a parent to 2 non parents, you guys strike me as really mean spirited, terrible people. It's a kid, and I get some people don't like kids but to vocalize such sentiments in the company of people that have children is opening yourself to judgement. And my judgement is that you're mean spirited and terrible people. Good job guys.
@stig @Knotorious

I retract my statement and apologize for passing "judgement" on you two. Who do I think I am, God? I was working nights and acting the emotional bitch.

Last edited:
We got our cancelation notice this month. Merry Christmas.
18 years of no claims. By gone.
We are lucky we are in a position to not have to take on the financial burden of double our current rate. Others are not.
Insurance through the state or your mortgage Co. Price it sometime.
We are fire hardened btw. Water on site. Fire hydrant at corner tapped into a million gallons owned by the county. Paved streets. Cleared land. CDF camps out here when wee have a fire. No matter.
“We made the decision to exit the preferred home and auto business nationwide because it was not a strategic fit within our long-term portfolio,” a company spokesperson told KTLA in a statement.

That's most definitely the non-answer of the year, making use of highly generic financial jargon to distract you from how poorly they addressed the question.

@stig @Knotorious

I retract my statement and apologize for passing "judgement" on you two. Who do I think I am, God? I was working nights and acting the emotional bitch. As you were.
Thanks for following up on that. I had a long since completely forgotten about that interaction, but I appreciate you taking the the time to take back your original comment. That's very honorable and respectful.

Filled Karen’s car at $2.69/gal

“Thanks to plummeting prices at the pump, US drivers will save a collective $1.2 billion this Thanksgiving travel period compared to last year, according to GasBuddy. The average price per gallon is down nearly 46 cents from a year ago, and more than 50,000 stations now show gas prices at $2.99/gallon or less.”

Prices tend to go up when there's more demand, yes, and there's more demand when everyone's needing fuel. Prices on fuel often has far more to do with the global market and local refineries, and obviously profits, not who's in office usually. See the profits go up like crazy since Biden became president? That conveniently gives Republicans, who cater to their interests far more than democrats, ammo to go say democrats are screwing you, just look at gas prices!!!!! You guys are so blindly mad at any and all democrats you don't even know who's friggin' you, which is exactly the way they want it.

Screenshot_20231115-193351_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231115-195005_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not the full story. But no.
Prices also go up as more money is thrown into the economy.
The dollar devalues and buys less. Yet there is still demand and goods are sold at higher prices due to the demand and also due that it takes more of the money to make and buy.
Since we are experiencing high inflation, it costs more for everyone. Costs more to produce, cost gets passed down.
And lets just put the blame where it belongs. Bi partisan.
Congress holds the purse strings. They could slow this shit down by tightening the purse and not throwing so much money at stuff.
Also, once Covid fugged the supply chain, demand exceeded the supply.
We are still not back from where we were before. We are still experiencing a lack of supply and interruption of supply and more cost in making and shipping the supply.
It is multifaceted.
Screenshot_20231115_191030_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231115_191858_Chrome.jpg

Plus, you have an administration that is pretty much declaring war against oil.
Like you mentioned in another thread, too much too soon. The move away from fossil fuels.
Why should the corporations invest more in infrastructure when they are basically being told and shown they will be cut back to about nada.
We will still need petrolium products for lubrication, coolants and other things. But not the volume of old. This will also force pricing up.

Back