In The News...

In the Aztec armies they had 2 main branches/classes of elite soldiers; the eagle warriors and the jaguar warriors. Every Aztec male was trained and served in the army (except for the noble born of course), so this was kinda a big deal to people in that area. The statue is "art" donated to the UN from mexico, so I'm sure they just felt like they had to put it somewhere. Knowing the actual backstory makes the statue a harmless and kinda thoughtful gift (also ironic because legions of these warriors were decimated by a few hundred Spaniards), but you would have thought someone would have said something about the fact that it looks like some wierd demon thing. I wonder how many places in the world got stuck with crappy art that seemed like a good idea at the time, but were deals where everyone just smiled and nodded :lol:

I've seen places where a company had hired work done for an art piece, but then took it down when people started making fun of it. One that sticks out in my head was a piping company i worked for that had a chainsaw carving done. When i was an apprentice i worked at the shop pretty regularly, and they pulled me for the day to help cut down this tree from a lift, but leave the trunk. Then a few hippies came and carved it up, making it look like a pipe with a screwed cap on it (complete with pipe threads), burned it with a weed burner, carved the company logo on it, really kinda cool. The only problem is that it turned a phallic shaped tree trunk into a large, black pipe with an enormous head :lol: In the dark it looked even worse (we immediately all lost our shit over the 15 foot dick in the front yard when we pulled up to work the next day) so they decided to cut it down. A few years later i saw it back in a building they had, a nice (and likely very expensive) art project that wasn't fully thought out.

The article pretty much lays out the details, it seems

Now you trust CDC reportings?

Not 100%. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Trash the economy and try to control the people over a virus enhanced by taxpayer funds. (y)

Close the border to slow the flow of fentanyl. (n)

Joe’s handlers know what’s best for us.

"Despite a 97% on-campus vaccination rate, Cornell University reported 898 new COVID-19 cases among students at its Ithaca, New York campus during the week of Dec. 7-13, a "significant number" of which the school has identified as the omicron variant.

According to the school's COVID-19 dashboard, 33 faculty and staff have also tested positive, bringing the number up to 930 cases."

Ironic. . .

Yup I read about his sentence and thought it was crazy. Bottom line is he froze up and didnt hit the run off ramp ass Im sure he didnt want to total the truck. Big mistake but a 110 year mistake???

I think not, but whar the frig hes just blue collar scum...

Back