Page 396 of 505 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 5042

Thread: In The News...

Who was it that said if you dwell on the past you tend to relive it?
    fb4e568623b5f8cf7e932e6ba7eddc0db9f42a712718f488bd c0bf880dd3

I think you got it wrong its " if you don't know your past you are destined to repeat it. "

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...150706164.html
    Good article on lead poisoning. A daily conversation in my house

A quick googling of the "warrior gene" dispels it as a crock of shit that tries to pass as science by some hack finnish researchers.

I think I found the answer to all our woes...

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...-trump-w495042

You could probably use a good cuddle Bob. I'm here for you if you need someone. I won't even charge you.

I knew you'd be there for me bro... lol

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin bingham View Post
    A quick googling of the "warrior gene" dispels it as a crock of shit that tries to pass as science by some hack finnish researchers.
    Perhaps too quick a googling. It's just as easy to find scientific studies that point to a connection between genetics and violence. The interaction between genetics and environmental factors is a complex one, but researchers are still looking at it to this day. Simply labeling something as a pos because you hurriedly found someone on the web that says so, is non productive to a discussion, an insult to intelligence really. Spend some tine reading up on the subject without a predisposed incination to completely rule it out, and your opinion could offer something to add.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

I guess that's the problem with the internet. Anything and everything can be either fake news or the word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterZero View Post
    So, it was slavery that ruined it? In these modern times?

I dont buy that. Intact black families were the norm before the war on poverty. Now we pretend that black kids dont need positive male role models. Now the welfare state has taken the place of the intact black family.

Very thoughtful post Jim. Who knows how any of our ancestors were mistreated or by whom. Mine or yours may have been enslaved, murdered, martyred or mutilated by any different race or class of people. Does that mean that the ancestors of those people owe me something? That would be the most racist statement I can imagine. And how far back in time do we go with it. 300 years, 500, 5,000?

There is no doubt that the government handout system is a huge factor in the demise of the family unit in all races, but particularly in the black community and I believe that is deliberate.

We have been talking in this forum recently about bears and the factors that make them dependant and get them into trouble. Well guess what? It works with all species regardless of the tingle one might get from thinking you "helped" that particular animal or person. Porpoises (bottle nose dolphins) are the new welfare group in my area. When some fishermen catch undersized or unwanted fish, they throw them to the porpoises. Now flipper follows fishermen to get free handouts and eats everything that is released overboard, while in turn teaching it's young to do the same. It's almost impossible to get away from them now and they eat up all the juvenile fish that would normally survive. They seem to actually work harder chasing boats than they normally would fishing on their own.
    Ray
    In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. - Galileo