In The News...

I just dont understand why people are so in your face about a totally private health descision. Even if you are vacinated you can still contract it and give it to your kid so whats the diference ??

If you can actually trust the article and that was the sole reason, it is certainly nuts.

Two things drive our system. Money and power. In this case, the judge needed a boost to his ego so he said she couldn’t visit her son. How about chunk him over the fence and let him try to strip a lioness of her cub.

A perspective from an aviation watcher:

“ I need people to think about this for a minute:

16,000 people evacuated in the last 24 hours, about 11,000 of those on military flights.

Have you ever seen a C-17? I know most of my fellow aviation nuts have, but for my friends/family who have not, that is a HUGE aircraft. Absolutely immense. And the USAF is cranking out a full C-17 flight from Kabul every 45 minutes, using a SINGLE runway in enemy-controlled territory, non stop, 24 hours a day right now. This has literally never been done before in the entire history of aviation... the USAF is literally making history. They evacuated more than twice as many people YESTERDAY as we did in the entirety of the Saigon evacuation in 1975.

Anyone who wants to pop off about this being a failure needs to shut their piehole unless it's to commend the incredibly hard working men and women of the US Air Force, and the ground forces supporting their mission. It started rough, no denying that, but in less than a week, the situation has been stabilized and the mission exponentially increased to a tempo never before seen, not even during WW2. The part that gets me is the logistics of supporting this mission - the ground crews are going full throttle right now, bringing in fuel, oil, fluids and servicing the aircraft as best and as fast as they can. What they are achieving right now is nothing short of incredible.” C8470A20-14D2-4C12-8122-26DEFF8B4F14.jpeg

It's still a failure. If you're scrambling and making record breaking attempts at evacuation, you didn't plan well. 20 years in, if it takes a couple more months, that's what it takes. That's also only evacuating humans, and not counting the materials we also should have retained. I don't think anyone's faulting the military on the ground for the fiasco. Boss said "do", and they're doing it, but it would have gone much better with a more relaxed schedule.

I guess all of you monday morning quarterbacks were aware looooong before the fact, that the Afghan "armed forces" would simply stand down and let Taliban do as they pleased?

Denmark had soldiers in Afghanistan as well, and it came as a total surprice to our leaders when Kabul fell in just a few days.

Kinda hard to plan for shit like that.
Spend 20 years training and equipping their " army" and when push comes to shove, they just roll over and play possum.

But I guess the silver lining is, it gave all the self proclaimed Corona experts something new to be experts in.

“The dad has around 60 prior arrests on his record on charges including drug possession, assault and weapon possession, source said. The younger Rosado had been arrested a handful of times for minor offenses such as aggravated driving without a license, according to sources.”

Parenting skillz, he’ got’em.

Yeah, I’d wager those parenting skills have more to do with the garbage that gets blamed on systemic racism and oppression.

I can relate to that. In the summer of 92. Hwy 16 in Sacramento. Bumper to bumper traffic. Moving slow but moving steady. But then it stopped and I was left on the tracks. Red lights started flashing. Bells began ringing. Barriers were coming down. I look to the east, nothing, to the west about 1,000 feet a commuter coming my away, about fifty mph. I could not pull ahead. I could not back up, bumper to bumper traffic.

I'm thinking, hmm, I better get out of my truck right now! I got time. Then the cars in front and back of me seen what was about to come down and broke out of their lanes to make room. More to save their own ass, I think, but maybe they were thinking about me. In any case it gave me time, with only seconds to spare, to get my rig off the tracks. A little damage to barriers, but everybody was OK.

After collecting my cool I got to wondering how it even happened that I got stuck on the tracks with a train coming my way. My conclusion, it was pure complacency on my part. Then I thought, heck I missed my chance to get a new pickup truck.

Everyone is capable of career ruining errors of judgment every day, knowing that is a good start to not doing it.

I sent a text to my nephew after he phoned me up to say he had got the truck stuck in a field.
It went something like this..

’every day at work is a series of traps for the unwary and careless, at the moment rather than avoid them you seem to be throwing yourself head first into them without a moments thought’

Back