In The News...

aj has some of the best reporting on environment issues.

When AJ first came out I thought they were a mouthpiece for the Taliban or a terrorist organization. I have been turning to them lately for their perspective on issues...what I have seen from AJ is realistic, basic reporting of news and events.

Ha! That's funny.

I often recall my 1950 Buick Special, with its straight 8 and 3 speed transmission, 4 tons of rolling American steel, gave me14 miles to the gallon. Gas was cheap at 55 cents a gallon. Cruising the California highways in complete style, safety and comfort. Only thing bigger on the highway was a semi truck. The good old days.

I remember fuel hit 1.00 during the embargo days while I was feeding my 64 T Bird 20 gallon tank every other day commuting 35 miles each way to school and work. It was a "Holy Shit!" Back then.

Gas was $3 here when I looked Friday. Most expensive I remember ever was a few years ago when it was around $3.50.

Diesel is more expensive here as demand is great w the bmw/vw diesel crowd and commercial vehicles... they must be rich. Stick it to them too...

I see the renaissance du essence.

In matters of immediacy I'm surprised the price of fuels have yet to spike sharply beyond the last 10 year trend. I speak solely for what I know of northwestern California fuel prices since the early 2000s. And since then, between all the highs and lows in the price of fuels, it really hasn't changed all that much... to be continued.

Apparently folks get their knickers in a twist over the sight of a noose....you can’t make this stuff up...had there been someone IN them, I could see the issue. Just a piece of rope? Absolute idiocy. I think I’ll go hang one in the carport just for the fun of it. Might hang one in the maple out front too.

Last edited:
Back