In The News...

I just do without Gerry. I don't use any facebook properties, and seldom watch youtube. If youtube requires me to login in(I have a mostly unused google account from before they dropped "evil" from their motto) to watch something, I usually decline. I can find news elsewhere. It may not be video, but I don't need video.

I signed up for a facebook account back in 2008, and have never checked it since. I get notifications periodically that someone visits my page. But that's all. Seems they would delete an inactive account after a while. Funny, I get this feeling that if I went to delete it they would require some sort of current personal info to do so. Best leave a sleeping dog lie, I guess.

Alabama has a bill in the works, I think. It's a crying shame it's come to that in the U.S......states having to take a stand for themselves against Biden and crew. While I am in favor of such measures, the Civil War proved how little the fed cares about what the states actually think.

Maybe it's different over the pond. Over my internet connection Fox news is heavily censored on youtube. Just for one: when they show video of riots it's block by a static still image,/QUOTE]

Could you or someone else give me a link to one of these videos so I can check that.

I don't seem to have any problem watching anything on youtube.

Edit. And facebook never deletes accounts.

For even more fun, facebook keeps records of you, even if you don't have an account. Facebook is spyware masked as trivial convenience.

Steve Mack, I double checked and can not find a single vid right now with the static image of Trump overlaying it. The content is changing so rapidly at youtube. Right now most new vids at youtube are about recent killing of blacks by cop. Seems the riots are taking the back burner on this go.

If I find one of those vids, I'll be sure to post it, but the way local programing works you may not see the vid the same way I do. Even Sky News (Aussie) was being censored the same way. But then it isn't at the moment.

By regional programing, even during a big show or event, like super bowl, everyone gets their local weather forecastes and local commercials. Likewise with the news. It's edited for whoever is watching it. Regionally it's different.

I know a few members here will call BS on that. But that's programing today 101.

Here, I have one. the static image of Trump appears at 1:45 during a commentary about the capital police officer killed during the capital riot. You're should be seeing what happen to the officer, but instead you get the static image of Trump. This is what I see during most of the riot footage, blm, capital, whatever riot. Even the Aussi news. Since before the capital riots. Last year during the floyd riots.

If it's not censoring or propaganda then what is it? Anyone?

Last edited:
Might be blocking video they got a dmca notice on. That particular video was uploaded by someone who *was not* the owner. Strange channel anyway. Far right politics and Indian(dot) stuff. Not sure what they're up to.

Here, I have one. the static image of Trump appears at 1:45 during a commentary about the capital police officer killed during the capital riot. You're should be seeing what happen to the officer, but instead you get the static image of Trump. This is what I see during most of the riot footage, blm, capital, whatever riot. Even the Aussi news. Since before the capital riots. Last year during the floyd riots.

If it's not censoring or propaganda then what is it? Anyone?

What they said wasn't censored...they are probably too cheap to pay for the rights to use the images you crave, so use a stock photo of their favorite guy in place of them.

Most legitimate news sources pay for the right to use of images...

Of course it was! Anything that disagrees with one's point of view is "propaganda", while anything supporting one's view is "truth"!

... images I crave? Too cheap? Come on. Please... spare me the vitriol, mr. fiddler.

All I'm doing is showing something Steve Mack asked me about, and you intentionally use cheap shots on me to try to create argument. I come to the House to share, to show and to tell. Not get into arguments.

BTW I voted democratic, but next time, definitely, Republican.

We're in no argument Gerry.
I don't care who votes how. My comment wasn't about "sides", just about why you weren't seeing the images you were complaining about. They need to pay for the rights to air it...and looks as though they didn't...just seems to me to be more logical to wonder about the legitimacy of the production rather than stretching things into some big censorship conspiracy.

I think that sometimes things ARE stretched from just normal, people that "DGAF and doing stuff"... to conspiracy. Attributing some things to conspiracy is giving dumb fak's way too much credit for being smart enough to manage a conspiracy.

Back