In The News...

Reading comprehension skills slipping there Kevin. I said the STOP sounded legit. I wasn’t there. I’m just sick of the media acting like every cop out there is wanting to take down his weekly black man.

so it shouldn't be news at all when it happens? what would you like the media to cover? The Masters in Augusta?

the timing and location of this particular incident in and of itself is unique because of another dramatic event that took place nearby. should that incident not have been news either? just routine business?

Sure. Plaster it all over the news. Ol’ Whitey keeping’ the po black man down! I just think they could be more factual and diplomatic in their drivel.

“Bob tried and failed.”

Tried and failed what? Like I’ve said before Mikey, you’re not smart enough to know how much you really don’t know .

Anybody can make a website and put “data” out on the web Mike, well, maybe not you but just about everyone else. Try fbi.gov if you want to find crime facts closer to the truth.

I just asked you for a “Whois” on the site you posted and of course you were lost therefore I’m the idiot... :|:

Who’d suspect that the same people who inflate Covid numbers, Covid deaths and Democratic votes would exaggerate gun deaths?

Here’s some more figures from the internet...regarding crime in the Democratic utopia of Chicago. Makes one wonder if it’s the guns that are the problem, poor parenting, tribal culture, maybe it’s something in the water...

I’m saying that you are doing the exact same thing you’re accusing others of doing. Finding numbers to substantiate your claim. There are websites that track how many times a firearm is used annually to prevent crime. Websites that count victims of drunk drivers. Drownings. Child abuse. You name it. You can even look up how many abortions there have been this year. (Some folks don’t start caring about kids until they’re potty trained.)

And while I seriously doubt your “11k” figure from Saturday, if it should prove anywhere near legit, suicides, gang violence and the like are irrelevant when discussing gun control measures.

What e
I’m saying that you are doing the exact same thing you’re accusing others of doing. Finding numbers to substantiate your claim.

What is my claim that I am using numbers to substantiate?

What is my claim exactly?
And while I seriously doubt your “11k” figure from Saturday, if it should prove anywhere near legit, suicides, gang violence and the like are irrelevant when discussing gun control measures.

That’s the interesting thing about that site, context, gun type, color of the dead or perps is not counted.
Suicides are counted and noted separately, just added to the total as a ‘gun death’
Have a look through, it’s very detailed, you can investigate every incident, it give a place and time.

No need for me to look at it. It is misconstrued info when it’s being used to push for gun legislation.

Here’s one that should interest Stig, since he likes dogs so much. 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the U.S. Maybe they’ll start eradicating dogs?

What constitutes a dog bite in the US?

Here it only counts as a put down reason, if the bitee neds stiches. ( They put the dog down, not the bitee)

If you were to guess, which breed accounts for the most bites in Denmark ( Pitbulls are outlawed).

In post 8185, you (Mick) said Boulder made 102 “mass shootings” this year. You had internet data to back up your statement. But that’s worthless when it’s being compiled by people with distorted ideas. Like Murphy said last night, a mass shooting sounds like a hunch if folks died. In some of the “mass shootings” these folks cite NO ONE died. I guess I can go out on the porch, empty four mags at my steel target, and add that to the mass shooting counter?

Last edited:
What constitutes a dog bite in the US?

Here it only counts as a put down reason, if the bitee neds stiches. ( They put the dog down, not the bitee)

If you were to guess, which breed accounts for the most bites in Denmark ( Pitbulls are outlawed).
You’re catching on to my point about Mick’s posts about mass shootings and gun deaths. Someone popping off ten rounds does not constitute a mass shooting. And suicide does not constitute gun violence. Difference is, you like dogs. I like guns. And just as you’d feel justifiably angry should the government try to put your dog down because your neighbor’s dog bit someone, I resent any idiocy trying to infringe on my gun rights.

In post 8185, you (Mick) said Boulder made 102 “mass shootings” this year. You had internet data to back up your statement. But that’s worthless when it’s being compiled by people with distorted ideas. Like Murphy said last night, a mass shooting sounds like a hunch if folks died. In some of the “mass shootings” these folks cite NO ONE died. I guess I can go out on the porch, empty four mags at my steel target, and add that to the mass shooting counter?

No, that’s different (it’s hard to believe you need this explained but there you go)
It states that a minimum of 4 people have been shot (you know, humans who have taken a bullet in their body) they may not have died but they probably didn’t shrug it off as nothing.
Now you may consider that small potatoes, but that’s the figure they use, it’s quite clear. Overall it doesn’t change the headline number.

No need for me to look at it. It is misconstrued info when it’s being used to push for gun legislation.

Here’s one that should interest Stig, since he likes dogs so much. 4.5 million dog bites occur each year in the U.S. Maybe they’ll start eradicating dogs?

they do!

Back