In The News...

Why have an AR pistol? Why not? Lots of folks decrying the AR pistol don’t even know what one is.

I saw comments on another site regarding AR pistols, calling them sub machine guns...talking about their rapid rate of fire...all sorts of absolute nonsense.

We push for “safe work practices” in the tree care industry...then post videos of some barefooted guy climbing trees with absolutely no PPE....hypocrisy much?

the end game is an open discussion of ideas

I'm not clueless Bob, merely asking questions. Opposing views do not indicate cluelessness.

I don't see a correlation between mass shootings and swimming pools. Yeah, lots of things kill people. That is clouding the discussion.

don't be bring rock climbing into this or I will go ape shit....lol, just kidding.

Now, as Stephen already pointed out, “ghost guns” are in their sights. Yeah...nine out of ten shooting victims surveyed said they wished they’d been shot with a “legal” firearm...

is a ghost gun one I put together with pieces( or made) or is it one I inherited with no serial number?

To folks who won’t want you to have one, it’s either. And neither allows you to go to town and shoot folks indiscriminately.

Yeah...I figured that was personal!

I disagree that we are clouding the issue.

It is probably more dangerous to have a pool than a gun.

We have zillions of guns....shoot zillions of rounds..
.and kill very few people in murders.

Guns are our national passtime.

How do you stop the random nutter short of snitch squads, confiscation and abolishment?

I don’t drink or smoke but have friends/acquaintances who do both. While it wouldn’t bother me at all for alcohol and tobacco to be completely banned, for their sakes, I’d oppose such. I’d think folks who don’t like, have no use for, or are scared of guns could offer the same respect.

(I’d respect Stig’s indignation if Denmark proposed a “tax” on vegans/vegetarians...)

Last edited:
Agreed. And I wouldn't go along with ANY infringement on the law-abiding to prohibit a single one of those deaths, as said infringement would do NOTHING to curb them.

another perspective. Mass shootings are a small part indeed. It didn't surprise about the stats around you black males, but I was surprised about the older white male suicide rate though. video is kinda of long.

I did like the part about respecting local firearm traditions.

just information.

is a ghost gun one I put together with pieces( or made) or is it one I inherited with no serial number?
Both would be under that new law as it applies to any fire arm with no serial number.
Under current law, you can build and sport with a gun (80% no serial number) but not sell, transfer or kill anyone with it. If you sell/transfer, there is a legal process to add the serial number through ATF.
John, imo, if you start by fixing the system in place, no new gun laws are even necessary.
If the back ground check comes back wrong, or you dont arrest some one for lying on the application, the laws dont work at all. Period.
Only people the current or newer laws effect are legal honest gun owners. But fix your checks and balances will decrease some of the felons purchasing weapons or ammo. Then, start really punishing the criminals to deter.

(And start making examples of these whack-jobs!)
Instead of making them famous for a political agenda.
And of course, start working hard on our mental health issues. Do firearm education in schoolls like they did when I was a kid. Bring back sport shooting in schools. Nothing like shooing a firearm after learning the safety aspects to come to respect fire arms.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I’ve got some bills of sale printed up should some of the garbage bills they’re pushing get passed. Stig, I’d appreciate it if you’d PM me your full name and address as I’m selling a couple to you. 😝

Last edited:
Back