In The News...

It's plumb funny that the blacks don't want to "forget" their history...they even have a month to "celebrate" it. Since anything that reminds them of the Antebellum period is "offensive", let's strike it from the history books and act like it never happened. They'd be lost without that old "we built the U.S. with our free labor" garbage. I guess that period was their highlight. They won't work for a paycheck. And no, I don't mean ALL of them. The ones who want to work and make something of themselves do so. The ones I'm talking about sit by and wine and moan about what whitey "owes" them.
That is some frigged shit right there.

I call BS on a lot of the politically correct narratives going in the park system today. One of the more recent, which most folks here could understand, is National Geographics claim that professor Steve Sillet, in the 1990s, was the first person to reach the old-growth canopy, and his pioneering research is revealing a whole new world up there. Yeah, right.

But the fact is a number of college professors in the 1960s, from UC San Jose, were already in the old-growth canopy doing studies. And by the 1970s I was pioneering the climbing techniques for entering and traversing through the canopy that Sillet is using today.

I did extensive research to validate these facts, but the parks and national geo turn their backs to it. That's just one issue of many that I bring to light. 'Strong Language'. Oh yeah.

The crying shame is the very institutions I believed in most, as a young man growing up, turns out to be lying to us on so many levels.
I loved reading Sillets book, but when he said he was the first person to study the biosphere in old growth redwoods, my bs detector was screaming. somethings not right here...

trying to rip off some one else's innovative ideas or products runs as deep in academia as it does in the tree business.

the actual process if becoming disillusioned is harsh, and knowing the truth can be more problematic than believing the lie, but it's always better to say yes to the truth in the long run.

we all wish you well and admire you

I loved reading Sillets book, but when he said he was the first person to study the biosphere in old growth redwoods, my bs detector was screaming. somethings not right here...

trying to rip off some one else's innovative ideas or products runs as deep in academia as it does in the tree business.

the actual process if becoming disillusioned is harsh, and knowing the truth can be more problematic than believing the lie, but it's always better to say yes to the truth in the long run.

we all wish you well and admire you
Sillets research proving how much old trees continue to grow. exponentially faster than a young tree. a 2000 year old tree putting on 1300 pounds in a single growing season for example. pretty cool stuff. he does sound like a bit of an asshole though.

I'm a little skeptical of women's sports. I can kinda see the point if the object is to just have fun, but for something like the Olympics, there should only be a single category that the best of any gender participates. That would get rid of a whole class of complaining, leaving only doping, and perhaps gear issues. It should be for the best athletes, and sex shouldn't matter.

I don't know about that. I don't think it's realistic for me to compete equally with 20yr olds. I'm sure there's some very few old guys that could hold their own in /some/ sports, same as an asskicking female wrestler can, but I really should have my own division, cause it has to be fair. I'm too old for the primary events, but not old enough for the senior events, and not handicapped enough for the handicapped events. It really hurts my feelings, and I should be able to compete internationally like the others do.

Army physical fitness tests get “ easier” with age. Not physically easier I’m sure, but have to complete less sit-ups and push-ups and get more time to complete the 2 mile run. The PT standards are also adjusted for females, less push-ups and sit-ups, run time was a little different but not too far off from males.

I don't know about that. I don't think it's realistic for me to compete equally with 20yr olds. I'm sure there's some very few old guys that could hold their own in /some/ sports, same as an asskicking female wrestler can, but I really should have my own division, cause it has to be fair. I'm too old for the primary events, but not old enough for the senior events, and not handicapped enough for the handicapped events. It really hurts my feelings, and I should be able to compete internationally like the others do.

I know you’re being facetious so don’t worry!
I did a little bit of googling of that girl and she’s competing in the under 48 kilo category at age 16, now I’m guessing that means she wrestling against pre or very near pre pubescent boys younger than her.
A great achievement but if she were to face a 16 year old boy (who would weigh 60 kg) it would be a very different story.

It proves nothing in the debate about women’s sports.

They have weight classes in the "martial" sports. My boss is little. When she's full grown, she'd probably be equal size to him. You(I) might argue that there shouldn't be weight classes either, and it should go to the best regardless of size. There's some merit to that, but it encourages poor health, and size at any cost. Sometimes you just don't get to compete. I could never be a jockey. It wouldn't matter how skilled I was at handling horses, I can't get small enough to be successful at it. That's life, and life sometimes sucks.

my high school wrestling had a girl on it. she was great. was also a dancer and in drama, straight a student. very impressive human. she won a few matches. this was in the 90s

that could be kinda weird to get beat by a girl in a sport like that, if you're the one taking the L. I've a hard time envisioning his buds being compassionate about it:\:

Back