In The News...

Just when you thought stupidity had reached its limits....an idiot decides she can sue the power company because her son froze to death. I think they ought to offer her a seat in the electric chair for child negligence. Of course, that’s old-fashioned nonsense. We must blame her negligence on someone with enough money to salve her troubled conscience....hence...it’s the power company’s fault!

Last edited:
That was kinda catchy in a Bob-like way but often the funniest things are so because they ring of truth. Where on earth is electricity free?

At Detroit TCI, way back when, I heard electricity was free in the black gettos. It was even explained to me, 'they can't afford it any, and if they didn't get it for free there would be riots.' Sounds about right.

I guessing Kevin probably knows more about that either way.

At Detroit TCI, way back when, I heard electricity was free in the black gettos. It was even explained to me, 'they can't afford it any, and if they didn't get it for free there would be riots.' Sounds about right.

I guessing Kevin probably knows more about that either way.
there are a lot, a lot of people living in detroit without water,
electricity, or both. the sound of generators is a constant humm on many blocks. people die regularly trying to hook up illegally. A woman down the block from my shop is brought water daily by a couple of nice neighbor kids in gallon jugs. i dont know of anyone getting "free" anything although they did stop water cutoffs and evictions during covid. they didn't turn anyones water back on as far as i know. the poverty is unreal though, some of these folks have absolutely nothing. beyond imagination really.

That's all any of us have Kevin. When I was a kid I fantasized about all the things I wanted to have one day.

Staying in one place and waiting for someone to give it to me has gotten me zero of them.

There are high impact seminars where you step away from all your money, credit cards, ID and use of any form of current finances. Start with nothing in a place like Detroit and etc. and in x days have to have accomplished so much. It's eye opening.

In an hour when folks can’t figure what gender they are, but remain firm as to what race they are, there is a voice of reason regarding “racism”.....

Didn't read this info yet Treesmith. There are several great youtube personalities that happen to be black that are very much against a lot of the popular thinking of treating black people like special needs people - Officer Tatum, a very level headed politically focused man (MBT or something.) Just saw a short video snippet the other day where Morgan Freeman said he didn't believe in or want "Black History Month". He said to Mike Wallace, Would you want your peoples history relegated to one month? Think he also said he believes in American History, that is his peoples history - American History.

Crazy that you run a successful tree biz in that area, imo.
there is tons of money around and trees. My area is very low rent. works out great. Somebody told me once and I think i took him way too literally that the easiest way to be rich is to live next to people who are poor and the easiest way to be poor is to live next to people who are rich. lol and thats how i ended up in Detroit.

First third of the article I was wondering why everyone was excited. By the halfway point, it turns out the proprietor's a real cocksucker. I wouldn't want him there either.

Yes the first part was chock full of spin which is typical for NYT. From the info supplied, I wouldn't want him in my hood

(Couldn’t access it on NYT...had to find it elsewhere)

Yeah...the neighbors claimed to hear shooting like they’d never heard before...then went on to say it was ARs.....several ARs....and went on to say it sounded like Viet Nam. Uh-huh....and exactly WHO used ARs in Nam, I’m wondering?

So long as the guy is set up right, he’s not hurting anyone. Some friends and I have talked several times about going to one of those.

Back