In The News...

The gain comes in the future. There's no reason why every single house built couldn't have solar panels on the roof. Even marginal installations generate some power, and with *everyone* throwing in a few pennies, you have some real money when totaled.

But yeah, seems like there is always the question of a zero sum game- if charging the car batteries uses up the same amount of fossil fuel as powering the cars with gasoline, where is the gain?
Much more money in the pocket for a few people/corps.

There is one gain.
It is way easier to reduce pollution when you burn the oil in one big powerplant than when you do it in a lot of cars.

That is the only one, I can see.

I'm sure. It'll likely get better over time. Mining lithium is fairly benign. It's an ugly operation, but not a lot of environmental destruction afaik.

How much pollution comes from vehicles dripping fluid everywhere? It isn't as bad as it used to be, but I still see oil all over the place. That's not even getting into the production/transportation pollution. How does it compare with an all electric/solar lifestyle? That's a real question. Dunno if anyone's tried to make a comparison.

Written by a former missionary and supporter of the John Birch society.

I think I can find better use for my time.

Or is this another of your " Kamala Harris was sworn in on the tenements of Karl Marx" type posts, that you then go absolutely silent about, when confronted?

Written by a former missionary and supporter of the John Birch society.

I think I can find better use for my time.

Or is this another of your " Kamala Harris was sworn in on the tenements of Karl Marx" type posts, that you then go absolutely silent about, when confronted?
So what ? It could have been written by Mickey Mouse as long as the info is pertinent! Besides , as you already live in communist utopia, what could you possibly learn from a book such as this ?

Last edited:
The only mining that is "fairly benign" is done in the west.

Now we are shutting that down to save the planet.
Save the PLANET??? We can’t even save ourselves for chrissakes. Mother Earth will swallow us up and keep going like nothing happened. A little George to keep perspective...

New Mars rover landing today :)
I think Butch would be stoked, he seemed to love stuff like this.

Did anyone else get a little choked up when Opportunity died? It was really sad, almost like it had a personality.

5E420AE8-BC14-425C-88F2-30F8E731EFCC.jpeg

They have those wood banks in other places. I wonder if there's any around here? That's something I'd like to do on the labor side. I don't have storage or hauling capacity, but I wouldn't mind cutting/splitting firewood.

Learned about the fjord horse from that article. Never heard of them before...

The Fjord horse is one of the world's oldest and purest breeds, believed to be related to the Przewalski, a primitive wild horse of Asia.[4] Horses were known to exist in Norway at the end of the last ice age. It is believed that the ancestors of the modern Fjord horse migrated to Norway and were domesticated over 4,000 years ago. Archaeological excavations at Viking burial sites indicate that the Fjord horse type has been selectively bred for at least 2,000 years.[1][4] The Fjord horse was used by the Vikings as a war mount. The Fjord horse and its ancestors have been used for hundreds of years as farm animals in western Norway. Even as late as World War II, they were useful for work in mountainous terrain. Its strength, durability, and thick coat fare well in the rough winters of Denmark.[4]

I've got ½ of one.
The other half is Arab throroughbred.

Sorta like crossing an old Mccormick tractor with a Ferrari.

I figured there must have been a hole in a fence, somewhere.

The one to the left in the picture.
The big brown mare is from Ireland and the little one in the middle is Swiss.

P1060683.JPG

Last edited:
Back