In The News...

Wow, in the most secure, safe, and verified election of all time, how can this monstrous scumbag (who is probably a sexist, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, science denier) claim there was any voter fraud? They should do the honorable thing and concede to build unity in our fractured country, as election fraud is not possible at all because we said so.

Nothing wrong with healthy competition between industries, particularly if it's for employees...

Sunshine, or wind don't make so many derivative products or lubricate things...petro use will be around a long time...it's about as permanent of an industry as there is..

Steph, I was referring to the competition between big petro and those they work at suppressing to keep a monopoly on the energy market..."between industries"

Since the lock downs I filled my gas tank (auto) 2 times in the last 3 months. Saving a ton by not traveling. Normally, if there's such a thing anymore, I filled up at least once a week.

Driving too fast for conditions, and since most people in the south rarely see snow or ice, they don't know better. I once drove through Nashville after they got 6 inches of snow, never seen so many wrecks in my life. The interstate was clean, no salt, but the guys running the plows didn't understand they had to push it off the high side of the road. So as the sun hit it, it melted slightly, leaving black ice all over the entire road. A car would pass me, and then spin out and crash before they got out of sight. Fortunately it wasn't busy at all, mainly because the other streets were still snowed in. You could look down from overpasses and see cars abandoned in the middle of the road :lol:

the crash vidieo is otherworldly.

How did the person filming not say OMG etc witnessing that go down?

I was wondering at what point Texas drivers start to notice there’s a PILEUP AHEAD???? Am I the only one who scans a half mile ahead?

Yes lol. It happens up here on interstates that are used for major cross country transport such as i80, and in very congested cities in their highways. Basically anytime you have high speed traffic in shitty conditions. In Chicago if you are going 20 over you are a hazard because you are slowing down traffic lol. It's crazy to drive up there, you basically turn on your signal for a few clicks, then just merge. Takes awhile to get used to.

Battery use rising quickly.

And I find it fascinating that, "The internal combustion engine, or ICE, has been engineered to near-perfection over a century, said Sandy Munro, an auto-industry consultant who takes apart about two dozen cars a year, stripping them to their parts to study the materials, technology and assembly. The innovation of the battery-powered EV, by contrast, has barely begun.

“Right now, we’re basically scratching the surface,” he said. “The ICE age is coming to an end.”

From what I read it's a toll road that goes from 75 mph and three lanes down to 55 mph and two lanes.

Not good at anytime I reckon, let alone with ice.

Someone made it to work.

Thank you for your question, Mr Bob. Exactly my question, too. I posted the article cuz it had some interesting info. But A and B below are both from the article and seem to conflict.

A) "The battery boom could erode demand for crude oil and byproducts such as gasoline—as well as for natural gas, which is primarily used in power plants. "

B)" ..... powering all those car batteries would increase demand for electricity, straining supplies."

It did shed some light on the scenario that batteries capable of storing wind and solar power could be used to when daily demand peaks which would lessen the need for natural gas to meet those peaks.

But yeah, seems like there is always the question of a zero sum game- if charging the car batteries uses up the same amount of fossil fuel as powering the cars with gasoline, where is the gain?

Back