In The News...

Justin, you yourself said that no one cares about climate change. Just ride her into the ground right?????

What a convenient catch all "scapegoat"....this climate change.

Climate change is such a monumental problem with thousands of facets on which no one can agree the best course of action........so fug it!

Sit back, crack a beer and consume...you silly lemmings.

The only real option we have.....the SINGLE greatest thing we can do as humans..................drum roll........is to use canvas shopping bags.

No one cares.....so why bring it up?

EDIT...I shoulda combined those two!

I brought it up in relation to the wildfires. I found it interesting I'm sure others do to.

Sorry it ruffles your feathers big bird. Just spreading some new in the 'in the news' thread. :P

Did you read/listen to the links I put up? No one is blaming it on climate change. They're talking about how climate change affects the severity, type and location of wildfires. I found it quite interesting/astonishing the rate at which wildfires are burning in the arctic/subarctic and how that effects climate change, the ash they produce is coating the remaining ice and causing it to melt even faster(black absorbs more heat so accelerates melting). If you listen to the podcast they go on to talk about how huge wildfires like we are having out west will affect the entire planet for quite some time.

Quite the contrary to what you keep saying about scientists taking the easy out. There is much more research and science going into studying wildfires because they are such a problem. No one is saying, 'ahh climate change end of discussion'. Every facet is being studied and examined to better equip and prepare ourselves to dealing with these crazy fires in all fronts. I just mentioned the climate change aspect because I was listening to it on the radio on Saturday.

I had just mentioned earlier last week about the integration of our woodland firefighters and residential firefighters and some of the interesting things/tactics/advantages that's bringing to the table. I find all news on the wildfires interesting because I am living with it, sucking smoke for weeks now, with massive fires burning nearby which has become the new summertime abnormal/normal here.

Well MB raises a good point- there is a finite limit and sooner or later it will be reached if things continue as is.

It was 3 billion when I was a kid - now it's over 9 billion. Following that math, in another 50 years... over 25 billion? Really? That's all good? In a century, 50 - 75 billion?

NO.

Oh, gosh no.

Why do youse guys always think I am grumpy?

You are a smart guy. I trust your take on things.

Well, the science stuff....not your ability to tell if I am grumpy.

Maybe we hit the limit centuries ago and just don't know it yet Cory.

Things dont happen a quickly as we like or demand.

giphy.gif

I like your responses big Jim.

You let peeps hang themselves with their own rope. And very good pushing the envelope, e.g. the "Maybe we hit the limit centuries ago and just don't know it yet"

I'm having trouble putting my finger on it but I think I just had some clarity- you'd be a great lawyer!

--Usually ready and able to punch holes in or raise questions about issues other folks see as inviolate.

Why do youse guys always think I am grumpy?

I've only seen Jim grumpy once, Rico brought it out when he tread close to home.

A lawyer? Really? I'd say the evidence pointing in favour of that is circumstantial at best.

Anyone who thinks that science believes itself inviolate is really not into science at all.

Evidence is being constantly compiled and substantiated, at some point it gets hard to refute some findings even with absurd obscure statements.

Science isn't about 'belief' it's about what is.

More like "what is as far as we know right now"...in essence = theory

...oh, just learned something new = new "what is"

Science!

Attachments

• 38072246_2227066387524752_5065944394129997824_n.png
    38072246_2227066387524752_5065944394129997824_n.png
    447.7 KB · Views: 21
Well, if you want to look at some things.......we humans are doing better, living longer, living cleaner, living more peacefully, and all around friendlier than ever before.

Never has there been a time of greater peace, prosperity, or comfort.

More people today believe that the future is going to be better than the past.

Human cooperation and science have been THE driving force in this golden age.

So whats the problem again??

Are we looking at things scientifically??

Back