In The News...

At least alcohol consumption hasn't ever hurt a soul... those marijuanas smokers... they lose their minds!!! :\:

:lol:

frig yeah - that's amusing. Definitely a side-splitter!

And here I was all sad... go figure!

What's amusing is how many times you've brought this up Mick and then try to squirm around about 'I never said this that or whatever'.

So don't worry I don't think that you are advocating for the elimination of pot. For whatever that would be worth anyways.

What's amusing is how many times you've brought this up Mick and then try to squirm around about 'I never said this that or whatever'.

So don't worry I don't think that you are advocating for the elimination of pot. For whatever that would be worth anyways.

No squirming Justin, just pointing out that your assertions about my opinions are false.

Here’s what happens..

Butch posts all sorts of Cannabis is great/harmless/all good, stuff regularly.

By and large I ignore it.

Every few months I question it because it all becomes too much, this causes all sorts of ructions.

I will continue to do so periodically.

And I will continue to ridicule you as a hypocrite for sucking on the booze. And you will continue to tell me not to compare it to alcohol. So instead I will compare it to salt and pepper!:P

I do like to point out when this comes up that in Canada it's still only legal right now when prescribed by a physician. That is a fully licensed and practicing doctor. Not any hokus pocus doctor. Prescribed as medicine. Very common.

I wonder how many doctors write prescriptions for salt and pepper?.......orrrr say alcohol?:D

Always causing a ruction!

Fire it UP. You'll feel better - trust me.

I'm a tree surgeon. :drink:

And I will continue to ridicule you as a hypocrite for sucking on the booze. And you will continue to tell me not to compare it to alcohol. So instead I will compare it to salt and pepper!:P

I don't drink alcohol except when I'm on vacation.

Does that mean I can say that I have found Marihuanna to be harmfull, or do I have to abstain on vacation as well?

You can say whatever you want. Jump in the waters fine.

You must be reading something between the lines there that was never actually written.

Marijuana is a mind altering drug, just like alcohol. And just like alcohol, some people can handle it just fine; some can't. I abused both for a good ten years of my life. Now, I enjoy a nice cold beer and a shot or three but the cannabis has been out of my system for a good 35 years.
Having said that, I might be tempted to indulge if the opportunity ever arises. I'm not a prude! :/:

And I love some beers but have swore off the weed for awhile now. Feel at this point like I may never have it again. I've had my fill. But still I think it's stupid that alcohol is legal and pot isn't. Although that is rapidly changing.

It's true some people handle their drink or smoke just fine while others don't. It's pretty simple with pretty much anything and everything. When it affects your life in a negative way it's a problem, doesn't matter if it's pot, beer or jelly doughnuts. Hmmm doughnuts.

My wife had me on a gluten-free diet for the past two weeks but she's sick in bed today so my son and I just split a large sausage calzone. I did lose ten pounds, probably just gained it back again.

I'm not against pot and I'm not in favor of it either. But I will make the observation (as stated by someone earlier) that some people can handle it and others can't. Some can handle it for many years before it ends up taking over their life. I will also make the observation that it isn't difficult to spot the people who have let pot overtake their life. They typically have no career, no future, no money and live in the same dump they have lived in for decades. Stuck in a rut and unwilling to get out of that rut for even a week because that daily buzz is more important to them than anything else in their life.

And before anybody says anything about how rude or wrong it is of me to say that, I have and will always readily admit that I was in the exact same predicament many years ago with alcohol. I speak from personal experience. I'm one of the lucky ones who was able to escape. I think that gives me a leg up on spotting an alcoholic or pothead loser, because I was one. Different poisons, same result as far as personal ambition is concerned. It robs you of your desire to grow.

Back