In The News...

My pet peave is mobs throwing rocks as a part of random violence towards police and military forces trying to maintain order etc. I think if we got rid of all the stones in an area by crushing them into sand/soil there would be a lot more order in the world.

I'm looking at Micks house and thinking why does a person need all those stones hoarded in one place. His house could be built out of rammed earth or straw bales that couldn't hurt anyone.

Mick if you would be willing to have your stash of projectiles ground up into dust so they can't harm anyone or incite property violence I would be willing to have my guns ground up too.

Curious that there isn't much news coverage(relatively speaking) nor outrage stemming from this latest incident. One has to wonder; why is that? Is it because he used a plain old shotgun and pistol? Hmmm???

Something that keeps happening again and again is not really newsworthy.

Nope, we're just very selective about where we channel our indignation.

If an AR-15 were involved, they'd be marching in the streets...

Nope, we're just very selective about where we channel our indignation.

If an AR-15 were involved, they'd be marching in the streets...
I don't think the average American gives a rats ass whether an AR15 was used, or a musket. Parkland was 90 days ago, and I fear we are becoming a little numb to the never ending carnage. I sure hope some of our so-called leaders grow some balls, and start doing something about it!

Nope. Clearly there is something very wrong with the current version of American. Columbine was a defining moment, and I reckon its not gonna get better anytime too soon.

I wonder if the kids are picking up on the stress their parents are under to make ends meet and the general assumption that financially we are all doomed so are becoming antisocial. Must be weird being a kid and having to worry about getting shot up, never a consideration for me.. I personally think it's a soscialtal problem not a gun problem, does it really take more effort to steal a car and run into a crowded area of the school. The problem is not the weapon it's the condition of the individual WANTING to kill people.

Our country ( says the imigrant) needs a radical change in a direction. We need to focus less on money and greed and more on soscialtal well-being. Never going to happen with our current situation though

we had more shootings 40 years ago

I think blacksmith was referring to school shootings specifically, something we have been doing in America since the 1700's. We are averaging one school shooting a week in 2018, so things do seem to be getting worse.
Heaven forbid this country had an honest discussion, with all contributing factors on the table. I for one ain't holding my breath.

I wonder if the kids are picking up on the stress their parents are under to make ends meet and the general assumption that financially we are all doomed so are becoming antisocial. Must be weird being a kid and having to worry about getting shot up, never a consideration for me.. I personally think it's a soscialtal problem not a gun problem, does it really take more effort to steal a car and run into a crowded area of the school. The problem is not the weapon it's the condition of the individual WANTING to kill people.

Our country ( says the imigrant) needs a radical change in a direction. We need to focus less on money and greed and more on soscialtal well-being. Never going to happen with our current situation though

Really, this is very interesting.

I wish you would go into specifics.

Kinda sounds like people should live more like me.

I'm not good at explaining my thoughts. Have you noticed how kids have kinda given up? 20 year olds still living at home with no thought of getting out. I feel something is very wrong right now but can't vocalize it. There's just no optimism any more.

Maybe it's just me .

I wonder if some of it was that the kids were sold the Higher Education idea/scam and are pretty disillusioned now.

Surly some kids dont get the feeling of optimism from their parents.

Gotta chase that carrot what ever the cost. Even if we go backwards in the long run.

I still feel like my best years are ahead of me, and I am hopeful for my kids future.

We eat all our meals together, canceled the TV and dont to the social media thing.

In self defense mostly!

I think you are in the general area Paul. There is something going on.

Back