In The News...

I agree Jim, as my chip truck is a diesel, and I am all for small cars with them. The thing that pisses me off is when I see some punk kid driving a hopped up diesel, that has the "montana dirty diesel" sticker on the truck. They love to pull up next to yuppy looking motorists and set their chips to blow a shitload of smoke out at a stop light. I have had them do it to me before when I am driving the mini van. Every time I see one I think "oh yeah, just give the greenies more ammo to limit our rigs".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ertising-claims/ar-BBr5buJ?ocid=ansmsnmoney11

Rubbish.

Thats the thing I never liked about the emissions stuff. These diesels emit "excess" pollution? Okay, but they burn half the fuel, so, remind me what the problem is?

Air quality. In particular nitrous oxides and particulate. Not too much of an issue out in the country, but makes a huge difference in the city.

Modern diesels with EGRs and DPFs are designed to limit emissions of common air pollutants, sometimes at thee Penske of fuel economy.

I get that Peter. Makes good sense.

Burning half the ammount of hydrocarbons must count for something.

If we did not need to dump tons of depleted uranium into the middle east because we buy less oil from them, wouldnt that be good for the enviroment?

Not sure what a Penske is now I think about it.

Yes, burning less fossil fuels is a good thing too.

We need to do everything possible IMO, there is no single magic bullet. Use less energy, more renewables, cleaner internal combustion engines, less depleted uranium.

If you don't believe that man is forking the planet right up at an ever increasing rate. Suite yourself.

The planet will be used and abused until we wipe ourselves out. Science is the only hope of somehow saving our asses.

If you don't believe that man is forking the planet right up at an ever increasing rate. Suite yourself.

The planet will be used and abused until we wipe ourselves out. Science is the only hope of somehow saving our asses.

I'll be the first to admit that we would be up chit creek without science but is it really science when the results are bought and paid for before the research is even complete? Science is a mildly useful tool when funding depends on the results, or the results depend on the funding.

Then that isn't science, obviously. Science stands on it's own. The other stuff is more like statistics, subject to interpretation.

Statistics, science, whatever you want to call it. I just find if funny that people will argue about the authenticity of climate change, ozone layers, deforestation, and on and on and on. Like it even matters. I'm no mathematician and I quickly run out of fingers and toes when trying to contemplate the exponential growth of humans on the planet. It's all good right? As long as I buy a Prius or something?

Back