In The News...

Can you run from office when in prison? Could a lifer get to be president, pardon himself and then be a free man? One of those women that like to hook up with incarcerated murderers might make an interesting first lady.

"Careless use of a firearm" is an odd charge. I can see it if he shot out the neighbor's window, but shooting a home invader, what's careless about that?

"Careless use of a firearm" is an odd charge. I can see it if he shot out the neighbor's window, but shooting a home invader, what's careless about that?

He didn't kill him. That was pretty careless.

Sure know how to pile charges up, don't they?
"Munroe faces charges of attempted murder, intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking."

I'm guessing that the missing part of the sensational story is that the police may already have experience with all parties involved. Just a WAG.

Which is why Justin's take on it , that he maybe was already known to be a not so good guy, is probably right.

So the good guy gets charged? Is that what I am reading?

Crazy! You cant defend yourself or your home in Canada?

The last on the list of charges against the 'good guy' is possession for the purpose of trafficking. Uhhhhhh, I don't think there were probably any 'good guys' involved in the whole thing. I'm also guessing from the list of charges other guns were in the home, unsecured and illegal. Probably to protect the stash.

Yes law abiding citizens in Canada can protect their homes with reasonable force. If someone is home invading you with a gun, returning fire could be considered reasonable force if not done so recklessly.

Maybe the laws have changed, but in Canada, don't they let people guilty of heinous crimes out fairly soon, considering the crimes that they are guilty of? Murderers be back out on the streets again? Is the justice system very liberal about incarceration? I've heard some talk of it for a time, but it could be old talk.

Back